Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the descriptions of Stormboyz in the codex, and it occurred to me that they are a lot like the British SAS: they dress in black uniforms, they are so disciplined that they weird other soldiers out, they bring death from the skies...they're so much like the SAS!

I want to run this thought past the Brits on the site who probably know more than me, as most of what I know about the SAS comes from a brief lecture by ex-SAS member Michael Asher. What do you think?

·
846 Posts
While not British I can see a few links between the two, however keep in mind that the SAS don't use rokkit packs as much as parachutes. :p

I suppose they may have been based on the SAS on a theoretical level but on the whole they still have a whole lot of orky flavour.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Uh...

I hate to break it to you, but the original storm boyz, back in the very early editions of the game, wore outfits modeled after the German uniforms in World War 2, right down to their hats.

I definitely think storm boyz were modeled after parachutists in general, especially in fluff descriptions, where they leap off of low flying planes, and use the rokkitpacks to slowly lower themselves to the ground. In the modern editions of the games, they aren't based off of any particular ethnicity or history, but simply represent orks wearing rokkits on their backs.

Of course, with a little paint and re-modeling, they can represent whatever you like. ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts