Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about starting a WH/SOB army, but really didn't want to shell out the cash for a bunch of metal sisters. Has anyone heard any rumors of GW coming out with plastic sisters? Should I not hold my breath and just take the hit to my wallet and buy the metal sisters? Thanks.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Man, I wish, but I haven't heard anything, sorry.

Making SoBs would be a tall order, too, as the detail is very precise and intricate. If you're that interested, I suggest finding a female piece or two (maybe some eldar/dark eldar stuff with female torsos), use green stuff to finish it off, then cast them in resin. Course, I don't know how to cast anything in resin, nor would I tell you how to do that with GW products here in the forums, as it's against the rules.

Having said all that, manufacturing your own SoB torsos and leg sets to cast in resin would make a most interesting and unique army, if you could pull it off.

·
1,037 Posts
man shell out trust me SOB are some of the nicest range if given a well thought out and lovingly gieven paint job

man i wish i hadnt sold my SOB army

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you want to convert some SoB, the only thing GW I see out aside from them in plastic that has the corset look is the new Daemonettes. While many people hate the new models, I like the corsets on them. If you're good with green stuff, then this would be awesome to see.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Requests for sororitas plastics have been popping up for years. GW however has never even as much as hinted that they are gonna be made.

The complete lack of GW interest in sororitas is astounding to me, they are amongst the fluffiest and good looking models GW has made.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the design team looked into redoing the Sisters in plastic, but they decided that they would lose too much detail if they did so. Hence, they decided to stick with the metal ones.

Edit: *evil laugh*...666th post...

I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the Inquisition, a land of neglect and pure metal armies. :)

Seriously, metal models are a pain and a half to work with, and expensive to boot, but the end result really is worth the cash. If you like the SOB models, then by all means pick up a few and get paintin'!

Avoid the Stormtroopers though, as the current rumormill states that we will be getting plastic versions of them within the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.