Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rumors floating around the forums (not this one , strangely enough) about 4th edition , and supposedubly (sry for the spelling) assault armies will get weaker and less useful , and tank armies will get seriously broken.

Hmm... assault getting weak. thats already bad for us

Tanks getting broke.. thats even worse , 'cause not only are they already good against us , but we don't have any for our own use.

just looking for everyone's oppinions

·
Registered
379 Posts
What kind of rumors? They cant just decide to make assault garbage and not give us anything in return. That would destroy our army completely. That wouldnt make it out of playtesting.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good job im moving out of tyranids when iv got another 100 pts of models.
i'll hold off forming anew army if 4th edition is coming before january.

Can you get warriors to join tyrant guards and then the HT too forceing anyone shooting to attack the guards instead., or could they pick the wariors out,

Can u mass thw whole army into one unit? , i dont think you can.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I have a friend who plays Eldar and constantly complains about how horrible they are compared to Dark Eldar, Tau, Necrons etc... and he consistently beats everyone in our little group (who play Tau, Necron, etc...).

My point is, people will complain about the rules that go against them and not point out the rules that may go for them. In the TAR, TMC's are vulnerable to the powerfisted Vet Sargent, but no one points out that your gaunts will no longer be shot up because you won an assult.

Its far too early to see if 4th edition will kill mass assulty armies, and I hope that GW knows enough not to break one of their existing races, no matter how popular or unpopular they are.

And even if the rules go against Tyranids, you can be sure they'll release a new Tyranid codex that will fix all those problems. :w

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lets hope theres new models to go with it :) :a (dont they ahve 40K emoticons).

if someone constantly wins and keeps it up , have u asked to use ur friends army?
, they are obviously not aprieciating the game for what it is: "A GAME".
When i start to win alot i hold back to find out why im winning and then present adive on how they can counter me at full str.

wither that or he can afford the expensive models like wraithlords etc... ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
TMC's, under the new assult rules, cannot assign attacks to individuals like they could under the old assult rules. Therefore your expensive Tyrant (or 'Fex or Red Terror or whatever) winds up facing a 30 some odd point marine that has as many wounds as he does friends, since they will all die first. So the powerfist, which ignores armor and has a good chance to wound, will stick around till the end of the fight and there is nothing you can do about it.

Under the old rules, you could target the powerfist and get it out of the way first. Under the new rules, you can only target IC's and MC's, not regular characters.

Make sense?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah it does - but you can still avoid that. Its not the end of the world just means we have to be a bit more careful when we charge up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
hmmm well i have a gut feeling the tyranids are gunna get a revamp next year, when it comes to the codexes....there are 2 armies in current need of a revamp
Nids (tooo many unclear rules) and oddly enuff Spacemarines, with the advent of the new chaos codex the vanilla loyalists have been left a bit behind.

as a hunch i think shoot the big ones will change, theres been so much kick offs from players on how unrealistic the rule is...GW cant keep there heads in the sand anylonger and like the Terminator rules for the space marines, i reckon GW will come up with some sort of rule that will make nids fair to play as and fair to play against.

on a positive note, theres a good possibility Seeding Swarms will be made Legal
no more asking for your opponents permission to :D seed in

as for the new assualt rules... i hope they dont make it into the new edition of the rules,they kinda negate the use of shock attacks from elite troops, keep the old combat rules PLZZZZZ :)

theres all sorts of rumours flying around the net about nids at the moment
some good and mostly bad so i gues its just a case of wait and see

1 rumour is new stealer models :)

SO what Do you guys think?
what changes do we want for the new edition?
what do u think will happen with the nids?
Will we be all selling our swarms and starting a wood elf (tree puff) fantasy Army
I Dunno, you tell me :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
TMC's are always considered characters for purposes of allocating attacks. Says so in the codex.

Yeah, you've got new genestealers in a few (months?). Rumor also has it that the new genestealers will also be in the 4th boxed set.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mmm They havent changed the genestealer model since Space Hulk. Thats seriously like almost 20 years old model.

That was back when Space Marines were a one piece model.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Tyranid codex is overruled by the newest set of rules, ie the New/Trial assult rules.

The biggest problem with trial rules is that the codecies for all the different armies are geared for the last set of rules and the new rules may unfairly limit one army in favor of another, or reduce/remove one armies special advantages.

Anyway, back on track, TMC's can't allocate attacks to individuals, just to units.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Under TAR, regular troops cannot allocate attacks anymore. It still allows characters etc. to allocate attacks. I draw your attention to page 6 og the tyranid codex:

"Tyranid monstrous creatures can always choose to allocate their close combat attacks against specific enemy models that are in base to base contact with them, or choose to shoot at a different target to the unit they have joined."

Please read the codex before you go around pretending you know the rules.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Read the TAR more carefully. Independent Characters and Monsterous Creatures (including TMC's) count as seperate units and can allocate attacks TO ANY UNIT they are in contact with, NOT to any model as they used to be able to do. Since these rules came out AFTER the Tyranid Codex, they take precedence.

I thought the same way you did until it was pointed out to me and I double checked. I don't know which page exactly its on, but I know it for a fact.

Please read the rules before you get all high and mighty.

·
Daemonette
1,038 Posts
No need for worry bat Tyranids have lots of advantage just look the units the rock and with low points .I thing Orc should be worry orc is already in "weak". Bat i thing that they will not be "weakst" and "strongest" races in the new rulles.!
Lots of people the just rush into battle and losse this is the reason create your own play style and u should be alright. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate the current Genestealer models. They have been around since 1992. So, I used green stuff and custom converted every last one of mine, making them look more like insectoid aliens and less like pumpkinhead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.