Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i planned using 2 las cannons and 2 missile launchers because there both 48" rng keeping them out of harms way, but if you have another idea plz say. they will be for anti-armor specifically because i have lots of other things to gun down
infanty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lascannons are more powerful and do some serious damage, but with a missile launcher, you have a choice between frag and krak missiles.

If you perhapse increase the size of the squad, you could have a few guys with bolters if someone gets to close. You will have more shots on them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I suggest ther 4 missile idea, maybe give your dev's the tank hunter ability aswell and you have a very damaging squad against vehicles and lighter infantry. Frag's shouldnt be underestimated in my opinion, not by a long shot.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Yes you can take tank hunting but that requires a trait. Which we don't know that you want.
Now with what you said I would take one las cannon if I was you. This is because you don't need two shots of ap #. And you don't run into much stuff that has 14 armor on both sides of the vehicle. So since they shoot at same range as you stated it is either you move or shoot so you don't have to worry about that. But I would never make a devastator squad less then 7 guys. This is because they will then be a big target for the enemy to pick off because of the little models in it and the devastation that the squad could do.
So 1 lascannon for taking out the stuff with armor save of 2 and bigger vehicles; The missle launchers for the less strong stuff which is how most armies are.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I agree with the four ML argument. First off, look at the points on lascannons in a tac squad, then look at them in a dev squad. That's reason #1 to keep them outta the devs.

Reason #2 is, it's always better to keep the weapons consistent on a squad level. Just as a squad with two special weapons should double up on plasma or melta, NOT try to do both, you shouldn't try to mix up your weapons. If flexibility is your goal, you should have as many ML in the squad as you can. The ability to choose between krak and frag missiles on the fly makes them ideal for almost any role. Horde armies? Drop four pie plates a turn on them. Heavy armour? You're bound to do something to a tank with FOUR krak missiles a turn. Better yet, pound the enemy's tanks one turn, infantry the next.

Make sure you give 'em four bolters for defense against pesky infiltrators/deep strikers, and you're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.