Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I've just signed up and i was wondering if people could help me decide what to arm my chapter master with.

My chapter is called the Lords of the Aurora, they greek based, they're a splinter chapter of the Night Lords, leaving the night lords when the night lords became traitors. Currently my chapter master has artificer armour, a master crafted power weapon, purity seals and a storm shield, and i was wondering what would be the best ranged weapon to give him?

·
Pedantic Englishman
1,229 Posts
I wouldn't, if you're going for fluff. A MC power-weapon and storm shield sounds pretty cool, and greek, especially if you make the wep a spear, and a storm sheild counts as a one-handed weapon anyway. If you downgraded it to a combat sheild, you could give him a pistol/CCW to give him an extra attack, or a storm bolter/combi-weapon to look cool. Just my thoughts :)

·
Pedantic Englishman
1,229 Posts
oh btw, his power weapon is a spear anyway;)
Ace :) and the combi-melta might be a bit limited in use, though you would be able to shoot it before charging, only once, mind. Should look great, though, and in fluff-terms, I've always thought commadners with combi-weapons are great, they're just individual... My SW wolf lord has a bolter-plasmagun.. though he started out under 3rd rules, when SW could use combi-weapons for true grit, and you could fire rapid fire and assault... happy days... Anyway, I digress. Ultimately, it's up to you what you equip him with, and I'd say just choose what's cool to you. May not be amazing in a game, but no SM IC will be completely useless if used properly, so indulge yourself XD

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Just a small note on your background.
The second founding (which split the loyal Legions into chapters) happened after the Horus Heresy and only geneseed from the loyal Legions were used. Almost all geneseed from the traitors have been destroyed, except from a small stash that is held in a hidden vault on Mars and guarded by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Consider the Iron Snakes, most known from the book Brothers of the Snake. They are themed around ancient Greece and fight with spears and shields when engaging in close combat.

Not saying that you should take these as your chapter, but you could use them for inspiration. They are a second founding chapter and if I remember correctly they use geneseed from the Ultramarines.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
part of the backstory for my chapter is that they left the night lords before the second founding, when the horus heresy began.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't there is to much of a problem with them being a faction of the Night Lords, but fluffwise make sure it was a small group. The Legions were fervently loyal to their Primarchs, and only a few traitors chsoe the Emporer. Also, you might want to make these guys top secret in your fluff. Not many loyalists would take kindly to a Tratior Legions descendants, even if they were loyal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good point, the story is that they've only revealed themselves recently, and theres about 600 of them still around, but the inquisition has discovered them and is keeping a constant eye on them.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
The big problem with using traitor geneseed for loyalist marines is that as the Imperium progressed over the millenia, it became much less open than it once was. Perhaps during the heresy, a group of loyalist night lords might have been accepted but now they would be destroyed outright just because of the lineage. (The forces of the Imperium would rather be safe than pay for it in the long run.)

If you hinted that they were of Night Lord heritage, but no one, not even the marines of your chapter, know of who they are founded from (like the blood ravens) then that would probably work much better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only slight resemblance they have is that they also have blue armour, but they have bronze chest eagals etc.

not so sure about the idea of them not knowing about their 'heriatge' but i do like the idea of others not knowing.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Also, remember that the Night Lords were just about to be dealt with by the Emperor before the Heresy began, since their brutal and appalling methods angered the Emperor and the other Legions a lot. Not even the World eaters came close to the Night Lords in brutality and acts of meaningless bloodshed.

If some of the Marines from the NL Legion stayed loyal, then they would not simply cease with these brutal methods, since that was deeply imprinted in the Night Lord mentality (that's what you get when your entire Legion is made up of insane murderers and other criminals). The risk is that the Imperium would simply put them out to ensure that they would not continue with their brutal acts.

·
Registered
231 Posts
hmmm nightlords, following their gene traits, they are obsessively paranoid, bitter and have visions of darkness. I'd be interested in seeing more fluff on this chapter because Night Lords are my favorite army...I like th concept though loyal traitors are difficult to justify...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'll justify it!.......................somehow

I'll post some fluff about it later as at the moment I can't find the notebook i wrote all their stuff in.

On another note, does anyone know of a Samurai space marine leigon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.