Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heh. I've posted enough about my sister's nids recently, but I really need help on this one. She's got herself a tyrant, and I know for one wings are out of her budget. She's got most of it set up, except for the arms and biomorphs. She's pretty enthusiastic about scything talons though, but the box only had one set. She's all for CC though. I know this much.

Frankly, I spent most of my time reading about orks, and what I've read about 'nids confuse me even after a few rounds with the codex. :p So I really have no real advice for her. :X Hence I turn to you. XD

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
If she wants to go all-out cc the their's 2 options.

1.dual ST but like you said becomes difficult since the box only has 1 pair of those, if she has a carnifex then you can take the ST from that beast.
2. St and the BS/LW combo, I know there's a lot of painting saying that it's a bad combo but sofar it really has worked for me though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think you can buy just the weapon sprue for the Tyrant off of the GW website....but don't quote me on that one....

I know some people who have ordered just the leg and carapace sprue for the Carnifex.....because when you buy the Carnifex it comes with multiple heads....now granted you wouldn't be able to fashion both fexes the same .....you in essence build a Gun Fex and a CC Fex.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. I snuck a look at my sister's nids.

She has a

1 CC Hive Tyrant, probably double scything talons, unless she suddenly decideds to drop one for Bone Sword/Lashwhip
3 Warriors
1 Carnifex
9 Termagaunts
8 Gaunts
8 Hormagaunts
14 Stealers

I'm helping her get the codex tommorrow, but I suppose I'll have to advise her a little. She wants a choppy army, though I'm not sure if it's full on or partially. I mean, she's not that familiar with WH40k yet, though, I admit, neither am I. I mean, biomorphs had me going... "HUH?"

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
For a Tyrant, I like a combination of an CC biomorph and a shooty biomorph so it can kill on the way in.

I recommend you keep the Scy Tal and give it a Twin-Linked Devourer, then it can re-roll hits and wounds (and shoot 6 times!). I'd also throw on Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, and Adrenal Glands (I) to complete the set, but that area is generally your decision.

Addoran.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, actually, it's her decision. :p I'm just supposed to float around mysteriously and help while waiting for the new ork codex. Any idea what I should tell her to do with her troops?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts