Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to get a good all-round list for armoured company. I will be using the same list agianst many differnet opponents. i will not know ahead of time how armies will be configured or who i will face. a balanced armoued company list... hmmm
I will be playing in a tournament held at a store near me in march. any input on how this list will stand up?

1250 Points
Doctrines:Anti-Tank Rounds, Side Skirts, Evasive Driving, Ace Gunners, Leman Russ Exterminator

-HQ
Leman Russ
Hull Lascannon
Antitank Rounds
Ace Gunners
HQ Tank(tank ace)

-TROOPS
Leman Russ
Hull Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ
Hull Heavy Bolter

-ELITES
Leman Russ Exterminator
Hull Heavy Bolter
Sponson Heavy Bolter
Side Skirts
Tank Ace

Chimera
Multilaser
Hull Heavy Bolter
5 Storm Troopers
1 Meltagun
1 Plasmagun

-FAST
Hellhound

-HEAVY
Leman Russ Demolisher
Hull Heavy Bolter
Sponson Heavy Bolter
Evasive Driving

the engine covers and turrets on my leman russ tank bodies are not glued. so anyone of them (1) can be a demolisher. also thier are pintle mounts on all my tanks excetp the hellhound. i have heavy stubbers and a few storm bolters that can be slipped on and off.
i could take something out in exchange for sentinels or lose the hellhound and chimera and go all leamn russ variants. could put in basilisks but it's small tables :(

my resources:

(LR Turrets:
6 Battlecannon Turrets*1 w/smoke launchers*
1 Exterminator Turret
1 Demolisher Turret)

The Rest of the equation (starting with leman russ chasis:
2 LR w/Lascannon
2 LR w/H Bolter
2 LR w/3 Hbolters and Side Skirts (*note in demolisher configuration side skirts are ignored since side armour cannot go over 13*)
1 LR w/Lascannon 2 H Bolters and side skirts
1 LR w/Lascannon 2 Plas Cannons and side skirts
1 Tank Hunter Destroyer ...yeah it's got the AP to force invulnerable saves but it's small blast not ordnance.. and it's BS to hit... and antitank rounds are much better against armour
1 Hellhound w/H Bolter
3 Chimera w/Multilaser and Hull H Bolter
2 Basilisk
1 Griffon ..though i don't think i'll have it assembled and painted in time
3 Sentinel w/Autocannon
2 Sentinel w/Lascannon
LOTS of storm troopers for elites
LOTS of infantry for armoured fist(s)
1 Techpriest with: (available up to) 3 tech servitors and 1 multimelta servitor

·
646 Posts
Hi NTFH. This post should be in the army lists section.

I think you could get a lot more bang for your buck by maximizing your heavy weapon count. For example, all those Russes you have with no sponson weapons, give them the 3x Heavy bolter combo and give them a bit of versatility. The Battlecannon is a solid weapon, but sometimes it is more beneficial to have 9 Str5 AP4 shots than a single battlecannon shot that is more likley to miss than hit.

Also, I would forget the hull Lascannon on your Russ. It already has anti-tank rounds, and it can't fire the Lascannon at the same time, so ditch it in favour of the sponsons mentioned above.

I don't know why the side skirts are on your Exterminator, NTFH. Out of all the Russes in your list, the least scarriest one (from the enemy's point of view at least) will be the Exterminator. Give them to your command tank with the AT rounds ;).

I wouldn't mix the plasmagun and the meltagun on your Stormies, they have different roles and different targets. Pick what the squad is there to do and maximise their efficiancy in that area. Equipping them to deal with too many roles will make them a master of none. Also, if you are intending to put them in the transport, then give it extra armour and smoke launchers. This, for me is a must on transports, it makes sure that the enemy can only stop that Chimera on a 5+ for penetration.

As a compositional note, I am fond of putting the Heavy Flamer combo on a Chimera when I field it in a list with a Hellhound, that way the Chimera can be used as a mini support Hellhound.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanx. i'm thinking i might drop the chimera and storm troopers all together and field 2 sentinels. spend the remaining points on upgrading my HQ to have 3 Heavy bolters as suggested with side skirts. the idea of taking the lascannon was a backup for the AT rounds if i get a weapon destroyed i still would have a lascannon with improved BS. it's WYSIWYG.. so i have to take either track guard or side skirt upgrade on models with the track guards from accessory sprue. the idea of the exterminator and demolisher is to be up close near the hellhound so i figured they would be the big juicy tanks in range of the most enemy fire.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you don't know who you are going against I would take the following doctrines for your tanks:

- Tank Ace (ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS)
- Side Skirts (almost ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS)
- Anti-Tank rounds (good against punching other armor)
- Machine God's Blessing (if you face an Eldar player without these, you're hosed)
- Ceramite armor (a lot of things that are vehcile-ish and can have multimeltas).

I agree though, being AC, you want to load up on as much regular tanks as you can. You need more tanks!

Take the techpriest (and required chimera and some serviters) to keep the opponent honest.

2 Basilisks are good. ANd filling in Heavy slot #3 with a Demolisher is Terminator insurance.

Plain hull heavy bolters on your LR Troops are good. Would consider putting sponson heavybolters on all HQ/Elite tanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the additional feedback. big problem is 1250points. that's it, that's all. soo many nice options i could take...

·
Registered
410 Posts
NTFH said:
thanks for the additional feedback. big problem is 1250points. that's it, that's all. soo many nice options i could take...
In that case, with only 1250, DON'T TAKE ARMORED COMPANY>

They are only really viable in a game of about 1750+.

Go regular IG or some other side then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts