Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

The update for the "Army Builder" for Orks is updated. I checked the Boyz profile part of it and the way they have it is if your squad is with shootas, your Nob can't get a power klaw. I'm guessing this is correct as it was just updated, but I know atleast 2 things that the army builder does that isn't correct, one is with the IG doctrine, and the other are the Blood Angels' Deathcompany.

If anyone that has army builder knows, is the Orks Boyz 'correct'?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Well, according to the really anal RAW zealots out there, you can't give a shoota nob a PK, as per the codex.

Maybe it will get FAQ'ed, but who knows...?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I checked on my ArmyBuilder; you can indeed give a Shoota Nob a PK, but he still has a shoota, which means no PK+slugga, and therefore no extra CCW attacks.

Which is an entirely different angle than what I've previously seen discussed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

@ psichotykwyrm:
Are you sure? Because when I did it you can't, I tried to trick it a little by changing what the squad has and then giving them a nob. But it just comes up in red saying, you can't do that.

Thanks for the link Ouijakonrad, I might check it out later.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
@ psichotykwyrm:
Are you sure? Because when I did it you can't, I tried to trick it a little by changing what the squad has and then giving them a nob. But it just comes up in red saying, you can't do that.
Umm... yeah. I couldn't duplicate that instance either, until I realized that I must have geared the nob before switching the unit to shootas. Funny thing, it didn't send up an error message for doing that...

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is funny, because I know that this is the angle that I have seen some people use to justify giving the Nob a PK, by switching him to a Nob and gearing him up BEFORE the unit takes shootas. LOL That is always fun, when semantics and technicalities jump into the mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts