Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aiight, since I'm fairly new to 40K I need some help, I want to get my uncle in on the game, but his tactivs leave a bit to be desired, and want to find an army to fit him rather than changing tactics he knows and is good at.

Aiight so the basics is divide and conquer.

Send a hard lance in the middle to put a hole in their lines, then when the middle squad is mopped up, come in from the flanks with a fast and heavy assault and press the sides, then whichever side needs the most help, the squad in the center helps out.

I was thinking space marines.

A squad of 5-6 terminators could lead the initial assault, then when the middle unit is mopped up come in on the flanks with 2 bike squads, and let the terminators help out who needs it, while that's going on bring in 4 small squads of space marines, and clean up whichever squad has the most enemies left in it.

Any other army ideas that suit the divide and conquer tactics, not necessarily a slice down the middle, and then flanking, maybe seperate the infantry from their support with a fast attack squad, and hit it hard with tanks.

So I was thinking this to be an basic army list.

1 Commander Independant
6 Terminators
4 squads of 4 Marines
2 squads of 3 Bikes
2 Land Raiders

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eldar can do the job too, they are cool, swift, can have a pretty hard assault(wraithguard, striking scorpion, banshee). And they have a pretty good firepower too. Saim-Hann Craftworld woulf be a good choice because it's a jetbike army (when I say fast, it's very very very fast, you can do 36' in one round with all you army) the only problem is that they don't resist for long in a hand-to-hand combat...

If you want to stay in the eldar, Biel-Tan Craftworld too can be a very good choice, they are fast(as every eldar army) and kick very hard (a lot of aspect warriors).

I think Biel-Tan would be the best choice :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
eldar are to fragile for that job. i say space marines most more specifically black templars. are strong, fast and are awesome in cc. they can be fearless and always hit on a 3+. id suggest black templars.

check em out in codex:armegeddon

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Space Marines are just too common, geoffrey.

Eldar.

Fast and mobile, with a hard punch with most assault weapons, not forgetting the Aspects with which an army can be tailored to almost ANY requirement.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nah... Tyranid!!! Load 'em up with Carnifexes.. And Two Tyrants.. 18 Tyranid warriors, 3 Lictors .. And then for the troops ALL Genestealers... Why? Because you don't need to worry 'bout Hive-mind.... AND they kick @ss in close combat.. Either that or Hormegaunts.. PLUS Get a bunch of Raveners.. And a squad of 32 Gargoyles Why? Because there fast and you can Destract your enemy with 'em.. Cause 32... (Not sure if they have 2 attacks... So maybe 64) attacks is gunna be destracting.... And if you don't whanna do that then do Orks!!! I LOVE the strat you described.. (Use it all the time) It kicks @ss... But if you don't want to do either one of theys....
Go wit Blood-angles... Or SW's But not Any other SM army.. THer to common...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Khorne fit too :huh:

- They are pretty fast (blood frenzy +d6 to movement)
- They hit really hard (2 attacks + 2 hand-to-hand weapons=3 attacks for your basics troops)
- They are freaks and have very good upgrades (berzerker glaive, feel no pain, axe of Khorne, etc...)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Id say HARLIQUINS!!!!!!!!, or eldar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by The Exploited@Nov 6 2003, 21:23
Id say HARLIQUINS!!!!!!!!, or eldar.
ther good butb not enough numbers ;)

blood angels deathcompany/ termie for the lance baal preds to mop up :a

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I would not vote for Eldar at all at this point with the new vehicle rules in mind. They are going to be one of the most screwed races because of the new vehicle rules because their tactics are to very quickly sweep towards your enemy, jump out and whack them with a million power weapons. If you can't charge after you get out then you will be quite screwed with them.
I think space marines will not be hurt too much because I have heard that the rules for the land raider are going to change so that you can run right out of the front of it and charge.
If close combat is what your uncle is going for then I would suggest going with Space Marines (My personal favorite is Space Wolves) or Orks. Orks have only open topped troop transports so you can still drive halfway across the table and then jump out and hack them to death with choppas and big choppas.
I kinda like the Tyranid army idea too, but they only have one option really which is charge charge charge, if you get into a situation where you can't charge with them, then they are dead.
My last pick for your Uncle would be Tau or IG. They are the worst at any type of assaults, but really good for sitting back and shooting the crap out of your enemy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd say space marines or chaos space marines. My whole night lords army is either infiltrating or fast attack accept for the one defiler. Heck with either space marines or CSM you could just deep strike a termi squad direcly to the middle. Do some shooting and then get into some hand to hand.

I vote for night lords. Heck even thier fluff says that they an extremely tactical army and that they would rather fight 600 strategic points of interest to build up to the big picture rather then waging everything on one big battle like all of the other thick headed chaos space marines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.