Librarium Online Forums banner

Which Space Marine army should i do first?

• Adeptus Custodes (Grey Knights)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Nephilim (DIY Blood Angels)

• Iron Beasts (DIY Chapter w/ fluff and conversions)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Pre-Heresy (Luna Wolves, Thousand Son or Word Bearers)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Salamanders

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Imperial Fists

• Raven Guard

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Most of you are probably getting ready for Christmas and buying GW models for those special people who play the game. I have been an avid gamer for about 6 years and have a Pre-Vampire Counts Slyvania Empire Army, along with a Dark Elf army. With my two new DE and Empire armies about done, I'm stuck on my next choice for an army. I was thinking about making a 40k army soon, either a Adeptus Custodes ( Grey Knights), Nephilim (Blood Angels), a unique/fluffy DIY chapter, a Pre-heresy Luna Wolves or Word Bearers (w/ conversions)army.

Has anyone ever do a pre-heresy SM army?

Let me know if anybody has ideas or have done a themed army or pre-heresy army.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I'm doing Heresy Era Raven Guards at the moment.

One possible, and rarely used, idea for a themed army would be a VERY heavy tank-based Space Marine army. I'm not meaning parking-lot full of Rhinos... They are just too light. Take three Land Raiders and fill them up with whatever is a scoring unit in your army. Then drop in a few Dreadnoughts and foot-slogging Termies to fill the rest of the points. It might not be the most competitive choice, but it will still be tough nut to crack and will look absolutely STUNNING on the table when you line up your three Land Raiders.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That was almost every Dark Angels Deathwing list prior to the 5th edition FAQs came out btw.

As to the OP's question, when you say Pre-heresy are going to use the 40k codices or invest in the FW books? of your options above, the Iron Beasts force would be the most engaging to me, at least a more creative force. But again, which codex would you play?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts