Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to make a Radical Inquisitor army.

HQ: 230

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord: 125
Inquisitor Lord 45
Eviscerator 25
Plasma Pistol 15
Artificer Armour 15
Icon of Just 25

Henchmen: 105
Gun Servitors (x3) 30
Heavy Bolter 15
Multi-Melta 25
Plasma Cannon 35

Elites: 290

Officio Assassinorum Operative: 120
Callidus 120

Daemonhosts: 170
Daemonhosts (x2) 170

Troops: 320

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers: 80
Stormtroopers (x5) 50
Sergeant 10
Grenade Launchers (x2) 20

Stormtroopers (x5) 50
Sergeant 10
Meltaguns (x2) 20

Stormtroopers (x5) 50
Sergeant 10
Plasma Guns (x2) 20

Stormtroopers (x5) 50
Sergeant 10
Grenade Launchers (x2) 20

Stormtroopers (x5) 50
Sergeant 10
Meltaguns (x2) 20

Heavy Support: 80

Orbital Strike: 80
Melta-Torpedo 80

Any comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well your inquistor is equiped for combat, but if you move then you cant shoot your henchmen. Orbtial Strike will almost never hit anything but it will scatter any units near the terrain you choose. If you want to, take out all five Storm troopers sergent then you can have five more stomtroopers. It seems that your only reliabe anti- tank weapon is the 4 melta-guns for your stormtroopers some ill add more anti-tank

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Stormtrooper Squad must have a sergeant, the minimum squad size is 4 stormtroopers and 1 sergeant. As for anti tank, there isn't much else a Radical Inquisitor can do, Dreadnoughts and Land Raiders aren't allowed unless a Grey Knight Hero is part of the Force, also the game size (1000 points) is too small for the inquisitor to take a Land Raider as a transport.

·
Registered
253 Posts
the one in the imperial guard codex says 1 sargeant and 4 stormies

the one in the daemonhunters says 5 - 10 stormies
but in the daemonhunters says u can make 1 a veteran for 10 pts

put in a lance strike in stead

and about the inquisitor lord i think u should make the lord a shooty lord like give him a psy cannon and get an inquisitor and give him all the same stuff as the close combat lord

or put in 3 combat servitors and some acolytes

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thats my mistake, 5-10 stormtroopers is right. I'll replace all the sergeants and will put a lance strike instead of melta-torpedo, leaving space for an extra stormtrooper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's a thought too....

5 Stormtroopers, 2 Meltas and a Rhino with extra Armor is only 125 pionts and is more effective than a walking squad any day.

You could then mount your Inq. Lord as well and get him and the Daemonhosts into battle where they belong.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why not induct 2 minmum troops of Guard as a meat wall and buy a Lemun Russ....... belive me when i say you need thouse big guns.

Alternativly take 2 troops of Marines and a Marine devastator squad. These are all ok for a radical inquisitor........shame about the GK though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Perhaps try something i did.....take Allied Space Marines so that you can:

1) Get access to "Vanilla" (non puritan) chapter marines to bulk out your force a little.
2) Also field a Pred Anihilator/Destructor or Dreadnought

Also found that Daemonhosts were great for engaging enemy troops in HtH while you bought up units to fulfil objectives or simply to act as a shield. People often fire a whole bunch of stuff at them while not realising that they aren't as great as it says on the tin - i never had much luck actually taking out enemy units with mine.

A thought on your inquisitor - either go HtH with HtH retinue (Combat Servitors, Familiar, maybe could of acolytes - mine has storm shields for that purpose) OR go "shooty".

I've had success with :

Inquisitor Lord with Psycannon - other wargear depending on taste - possibly Artificer or Icon
GS x2 with heavy bolters
GS with Plasma Cannon
Sage x 1 or 2 (depending on preference)
Acolyte (no storm shield, maybe plasma pistol or bolt pistol - something vaugely shooty, anyhow)

and in HtH

Inquisitor Lord with Daemon Hammer or ThunderHammer, Digital Weapons, CCW, Holocaust, Artificer and Icon.
CS x 3
Familiar
Acolytes with Storm Shields.
Rhino, extra armour and smoke launcher.

Finally, as an intermediate choice, Inquisitor as per first example + scourging and wargear to taste, with Guard Vets and plasma guns x 3, Sage, Acolytes.....

Only stumbling block is points value of units vs. tactical usefulness - still making my mind up on that on...

Hope thats of some use.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would take out the Melta Torp not because it is more expensive, but because the Lance is better!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, if it's a Radical Inquisitor, I don't think you should use Daemonhosts, or maybe even Stormtroopers. More Orbital Strikes would fit the fluff bill nicely, as he would be obsessed with "firey cleansing" and all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.