Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the loop for about a year, last year I planned on making and Imperial Guard army, so I started to buy some stuff, and while i started to paint them I took it off because I wanted to change it. But Now I am actually back into the whole gaming thing I was wondering if I should still build my Imperial guard Army up with the coming of 5th edition?

Keep in mind I am building a lizardman army now so I dont have to get a 40k army right now. The only thing is I have never played much fantasy and absolutely love 40k and want an army but looked at my space wolves and noticed they are so crappily painted I am embarrised to field them.

If you think I should hold off, I was going to ask what army should I maybe peruse, but I can cheack that out myself I think

·
Registered
610 Posts
A bog standard IG army let's say three infantry squads, couple of heavy weapons squads, a basilisk a couple of tanks is unlikely to be affected a great deal by a new release (which is still only a rumour) of a new 40K rule book. I only recently started IG myself and even if the rules are altered I'm pretty sure my army will stay playable.

As for your other points, take on as many projects as you feel you can handle and your wallet can stretch to. I have my IG army on the go and a mechanised Eldar army.

40K armies that have just been updated include Eldar, Orks and Chaos Marines. None of these are likely to be affected by a new rule book.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow I can't believe I didnt know chaos marines were redone. but I doubt I would do them I had some space wolves (as i said) so I dont really want to play marines. I am actually thinking about eldar or orks possibly.

Yeah sorry it would help if I said what my army was like, well my 1500 (i believe) I was planning to have 3 large infantry selections, 2 leman russ' , and in some I had 2 sentinals. along with the normal hq selection with some heavy weapons swuads, and add in heavy weapons to the infantry things too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.