Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I just started High elves and I am having a bit of trouble choosing a theme for them. So far I have narrowed the choices down to three the first would be a High Elf border force, the ones that inhabit the shore defenses of Ulthulan and thier settlements. The second, is a force from Caledor, this is the biggest list I have planned with good archery support two units of Dragon Princes, and a Prince on a Moon dragon. The third is a party from the White tower, seeking to find ancient relics, there is an archmage, a lot of spearmen, and Sword masters. Any, input is helpful and I will consider any ideas about alternate themes, army composition and backstory. Have a nice day.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I kind of like the idea of the relic hunting party. You can have a lot of flexibility with that idea, depending on what relics you're hunting and who you happen to be trying to 'acquire' them from.

Perhaps the leader of your relic-hunting group is seeking a personal relic, something from his family that was stolen, in which case you can also use the revenge aspect. Or, it could just be a selfless quest to help his people by reclaiming valuable items that were misplaced or stolen over the years.

Regardless of theme, I can imagine a list themed around this idea containing a few mages. Maybe not on dragons, though - I can imagine you'd want to be inconspicuous at times, something a dragon doesn't really help with. Aside from that, I can't think of any particular units that would really work (or not work) with this theme. Maybe Shadow Warriors and White Lions might work slightly better - I'm only going on what the the online store tells me, though, so if you have the army book it might be more useful to you.

Am I helping? Or just rambling? I don't know... I'll leave that for you to judge.

·
Registered
162 Posts
~I'm also taking on the task of making a theme and back story for my high elf army. Im starting at 1000 points and hopefully my friends and myself will be moving higher. I really love some of the LotR models, and thus will be using some of them. No sense in being coy, so the names for my generals and lords will be pretty simple.
~I love the idea of a party moving out to acquire some sort of magic relic, or to awaken a dragon. It has two mages, one of them named Glorfindel (using the Glorfindel model) and the other being named Elrohir (using some other mage HE model). They are twins born and raised at the White Tower, and are accompanied by a unit of Phoenix Guard, Swordmasters, Archers, and a Bolt Thrower.
~They'll either by searching to awaken an ancient Moon Dragon/ Star Dragon/ Super Dragon to assist in the Chaos Wars or They'll be searching for an ancient tome of magic. Either way they'll be searching for something and it'll be ancient, so it's all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts