Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a relativily new Necron player ( usd to play Eldar ), some feedback would be appreciated.

First my army...

1 Lord
24 Warriors
6 Scarab
3 Destroyers
1 Wraith
1 H Destroyer

with the upgrades to the Lord, it's 960 pts. My next goal would be 1500 pts, I was thinking two more wraiths and another warrior squad..what do you guys think I should add?

Also I usually play a Tyranid and Dark Angel army...I can kill Tyranids easy but the DA is a pain in the ass.The plasma cannons reck my warrior squads. He usually has 2 plasma cannons and a D squad with 4 ML. Once his one PC took out all 3 destroyers...which was a real pain...(even though two got up next turn).

·
Registered
130 Posts
lol 3 destroyers to one plasma cannon roflmao :lol:

maybe space them out a little next time, rather than have them all flying along sitting ontop of each others back

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
maybe space them out a little next time, rather than have them all flying along sitting ontop of each others back
You dope! <_<

Not to complain on the list but to me it looks like you only got one troop entry...
You must have two... as in MUST.
My oppinion to you would be to split up the necron warrior squad into 10man squads and add more of them.
Maybe think of adding another or more wraiths.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its actually 2 x 12...

as for the destroyers...sometimes they get bunched up...like when theres a hill protecting an angle of fire...PC are evil...especially when one can be takin in every DA tac squad...now theres cheese...

·
Registered
28 Posts
First of all, new players have to make do with what they have, so its no good saying 'Drop that' and 'Take that instead' because if you dont have the models you have to take what you do have.

As a matter of interest, you do not HAVE to take any troops. According to the rule book, if you agree to use the force organisation chart you do need to take the required units. However the force organisation chart is not manditory, and thus you could field an army with twenty fast attack units and no troops (Just as an example).

Plasma weapons are overated. True they do ignore a Necrons +3 armour save, but they are S7 and not S8, thus they do not prevent Necrons from getting their WBB roll. You could take out half a squad of Warriors with a Plasma Cannon, and they could all stand right back up in the next turn.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya know the chances are only 50% that they get back up..

and pls don't tell us your houserules..

if I would be able to field 20 special characters.....
pls talk in 40k only, not your special rules etc.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by IceZero@Sep 21 2003, 12:16
and pls don't tell us your houserules..

if I would be able to field 20 special characters.....
pls talk in 40k only, not your special rules etc.....
Refer to the rulebook and you'll see what he's talking about, pg130 I believe. As for your wish to choose an all character army, if you're going to cheese your opponent isn't going to agree to it (unless of course he feels his cheddar is better). On the other hand if your opponent is a brand new player with a limited selection of models chances are his opponent will be a nice guy.

Of course this doesn't fly in a tournament but there force organisation charts are mandatory.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Depends on whether you want a cc or a shooty army.

For shooty get 2 more H destroyers, Imortals and lose the wraith and scarabs

For cc keep scarabs get more wraiths and lose the H destroyer. Still get immortals

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Immortal's do seem deadly but theres some issues I have with them

1. How do you get them into position...you either use VoD leaving your expensive warrior squad ( x2 ) out to die. I know if I didn't use VoD they would be under constant bombardment ( Plasma Cannons, M Launchers ) or my friends very deadly Chaplain w/ jet pack w/ assault squad.

2. Immortal's are friggin expensive.. $13 for one..squad of 10...alot of money for one squad. Oh Necron lord send me a plastic box set !! :rolleyes:

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Ok, there's a lot of house rules that you can come up with on your own, but when you start screwing with the army organization charts, then you are really ruining the game balance to a point where it's almost not playable. Not fairly anyhow.

The only force organization stuff that we have ever ignored are the points limits for certain characters. Or, for instance, the rule in the new IG codex that says Creed can only be used in a Cadian army. We ignore the "buy more of our product" rules as much as possible. <_<

Keep those immortals behind a screen of warriors and they won't start getting shot at until the warriors have been destroyed. As for their cost, I'm quite appalled at GW for putting a price tag of 8 dollars on a single metal figure, which is what an immortal costs here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok, there's a lot of house rules that you can come up with on your own, but when you start screwing with the army organization charts, then you are really ruining the game balance to a point where it's almost not playable. Not fairly anyhow
you mean, like NightBringer said about, ya can yake 20 fast attack if you want, organisatinon charts are mandatory....

some races really have powerfull choices.

o yeh I am gonna take 20 choices of eldar pathfinders

ok, ya can shoot atleast a hundred shots of them,but about 60 - 70 of them are AP 1 shots..

talk about overkill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.