Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking around and making a savvy purchase or two, I've decided on making a Tomb Kings army. The twist is that the army will be of an ancient emperor of Cathay, not a lord of Khemri. The models, of samurai style warriors, will be painted like clay/stone statues. The fluff for this is based off the army of clay soldiers, including chariots, found in the underground tomb of one Chinese emperor. I haven't thought all the finer points out, but basically the Emperor was murdered and his throne stolen, so he swore an oath that one day he would return, and though some ritual of loyal retainers a century or two later he returns. The warriors will be skeletons, and i'll use regular chariots with the warriors instead of charioteers.

I have three questions now. The first of them is whether or not the fluff is sound. The second and third are what else could I put in the army and how should i model it to fit theme?

Thanks to anyone who helps. Thoughts on fluff also welcome.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well, certainly expanding a bit beyond the minimal fluff you have given would be good. Simply being murdered and threatening revenge from beyond the grave isn't enough. Hell, I bet at least a good percentage of people being murdered will threaten you with dire consequences if they are murdered. I'd tend to go more with the historical aspect on this.

Ie: 'Qin Shi Huang longed for longevity, so he sent his ministers to go on quests seeking for an elixir of immortality. However, death claimed him before he could find success on that matter.' So much for history.

Of course in the warhammer world his ministers could have travelled as far as the Black Pit of Nagash and got an 'elixir of immortality' from him. So after drinking it, nothing initially seems to happen until your Emperor is murdered, states that he will have vengence from beyond the grave, is buried in his masoleum and rises later on a powerful lord of the undead. Heheheh.

In addition this Emperor started the Great wall of china and had thousands of terra cotta warriors, chariots, horses ect. built and placed near his planned mausoleum. Perhaps he hoped that they would protect and serve him in the afterlife.

Again in the warhammer world, with enough application of magic, anything is possible. The newly formed undead emperor could animate the statues with his magic!

As for the idea of repping Qin Shi Huang's terra cotta legions is awesome, but I'm not sure I'd go with skeleton models unless you wanted to represent actual servants who had been buried with him.

For the terracotta or jade warriors I'd be tempted to go with other fully fleshed models, sculpted to look eastern and painted to look as if they were jade or terracotta.

Here's a link with some pictures of the real army if you haven't already found some.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pics, but I already have some. I don't intend to use any skeletons in the army, but the statue warriors will use skeleton rules (its the reasoning of me and my colleagues that an ancient terracotta statue would be about as brittle as a skeletons and sbout as agile)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think its a great idea. Also a bone Giant should be a giant statue of the emporer and make there wepins more twoards Katanas(ninja swords) and skimatars. Posibly make carrions be like gargoyals animated. and ushtiabies should be like heavaly armourd and more grand staues. if they are cathey then here is what the cathey army looked like from GW conversions.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/bretonnians/painting/wd314_davetaylor/background.htm

sorry i cant make a hyper link

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you do it you should post the pics on here or the conversoin sect:w00t:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts