Librarium Online Forums banner
72K views 358 replies 61 participants last post by  Luyp 
#1 · (Edited)
Hai everyone! :D

I have created this thread for all of you...

The reason to this thread is simple. It's open for all kinds of questions. Just ask, and I will do my best to answer. Everyone is free to add a question or answer. Post your question here if:

• You have played against TK, but suspect that your opponent cheated or misread the rules in one way or the other.
  • You are playing with TK but suspect that you've misread the rules or just want to point out something strange in the TK Army Book.
  • You are playing with TK but are new to the forums. You don't know how to post new threads or where to post them.
  • You are playing with TK and need any Unit Guidance (Ex: You want to know "how to use Carrions" in a "specific situation").
  • It's just about ANYTHING TK!

Hope you like it! I will put much effort into this thread if it becomes active :D
It has been active in more than six months now! ;) Keep it up, and ask whatever you're wondering about.

//Nagash

See less See more
#2 ·
Well i've got one question. I've played most armies now and the only one i really struggle with is WoC at 2k points (i've lost twice badly, drawn once). My opponent usually runs alot of knights/dragon ogres/magic/marauder horses. How do most people deal with these guys, at the moment my issue is that once anything in his army (besides the maurader horses) hit combat they seem to demolish everything bar my tomb guard with king (only unit i've found who reliably takes out knights). Any sneaky tactics i should be trying? Next game i plan on adding in 5 carrion to march block but i can't block his whole army.

#6 ·
In General:

When playing against WoC, much depends on your ability to outmaneuvre your enemy. Play with Ushabtis and make sure that these survives to see combat.

First of all, I will once again suggest (and shortly describe) my little favourite tactic, using five Carrions, one SSC and a Casket. Place the Carrions behind the enemy lines so they cover the rear of as many units as possible. Make sure that they do not get involved into combat.
Often, your enemy has the choice to let the Casket go through or to let you shoot twice with your SSC. Whatever he choose, it will be devastating. (As long as he do not have any Dispel Scrolls - be careful about this!) Make sure you try to kill as many models as possible of those in front of your Carrions. If you manage to kill 25 % of them, they will have to make a panic test (Or if you have used the SSC, only one Wound is needed ;)). If the enemy unit flees (directly away from the unit that caused the most casualties) it will get catched by Carrions.
In the Shooting Phase, you'll get an extra chance to do this. With the chance to take out whole units in one turn, it is VERY effective if you want that perticular Unit away from the table edge (the better the unit is, the tougher it will be to break it this way... But with Skulls of the Foe, you'll manage to do alot more). Not only the Shooting Phase grants you a chance to cause the effect, but also the Magic Phase.

Secondly, I will suggest using a Tomb King. PLace him in a Unit of Tomb Guards with Icon of Rakaph. Give him the Destroyer of Eternities and Collar of Shapesh. Let the Hierophant fly (Cloak of the Dunes and Hieratic Jar) beside the unit and resummon TGs that dies. Make sure that an enemy CANNOT charge in one turn, but needs two turns at least to charge our dearest Liche Priest. If they place a unit to make a charge on the Hiero, it will quite often have a flank open for the TGs.
If it all turns out well, and no one tries to charge the Hierophant, you will be able to use the Hieratic Jar in a way to secure a 12" charge with two free reforms (!). (You will have four chances to cast Urgency, a total of 6 dice.)

Next up, watch out for Characters! Counter your opponents heroes with your Prince (Good build is Armour of the Ages, Vambraces of the Sun and Great Weapon), counter his Lord with your King. If you play with a LHP (not my suggestion), you will have some problems to take on a fully kitted Lord - I promise :p Watch out for Characters with S7! They will easily break our dear Chariots.

And now, know that I do not know your opponent and what tricks he may use :) Be sure to try these "General Guidelines" and see if they will help you ;)

Sneaky Ones:

Casket, Area Limitation: Place your Casket on a place where your opponent can avoid seeing it. I do not say that you should put it behind a forest or something like that, but just make sure that at least one obstacle or forest is blocking other units' line of sight to the Casket. I call the areas you've covered (where your opponent WILL see the Casket if he moves there) the "Secured Area". Your enemy will often try to avoid this area, for he knows the same as you - if he goes there with one unit, he will risk the Light of Death.
This is a way to use the Casket in a more agressive way that reduces your enemies movement limits. It does not kill as much units as it usually does when placed on a hill, but it will grant you many tactical benefits back in return.

ICFB, Range Markers: When you deploy your ICFB Units, place them close to the middle between the units you know you will shoot at and your SSC. This will help you aim more accurately, as well as it will give you some threats that are immune to everything in the beginning of the game. Note that this is a VERY sneaky subtactic. Not many opponents will like it, but until you've learned to guess the range well enough, this "cheat" (it is not anything that will grant you more morale) or "tactic" (it is still not against the rules) can be used to help you out ;)

These Sneaky Ones are the only I will write about today :)

Hope It Helps!

What's your favourite food and drink? :)
Not really the question I expected :p But I will still answer it, since it isn't THAT personal...

Food: A family meal. Roasted bread, shrimps and a strange sauce with a mix of spices. All this together, put in the oven for a while - Result is Yummy! :dance:

Drink: COCA COLA! Ofc... :p

Oh, and is the tomb prince in low point games better off in an "anvil" block of spearmen, solitary or with the archers?
I would say that he is best used in one of two ways.

1. Put him together with Bowmen to add a little extra shots. This will make hid D6 MWBD more important to dispel in many situations.
  2. Place him with the SSC Crew. Now we're talking ;)

//Nagash

#3 ·
I regularly play against WOC at 2k. So far it's pretty even over 5 games.
The cheeky monkey has Mark of Nurgle which maks +1 to hit for me every time.

SSC has made a frequent mess of dragon ogres and LARGE (30+) blocks of skeletons seem to make him avoid them or get bogged down in prolonged combat.

Fear is still your friend but I do seem to benefit from his appalling dice rolling - ha ha.

King+FoS has taken out 5 marauder knights in one go, a flying daemon prince got minced by the same combo and even the Casket has had successes.

Just keep plugging away, try different lists and you'll hit on something that works against certain units.

#5 ·
I like my prince in archers so that i max his magic potential sammy,

in regards to WoC eldar i find my skeletons just get crumbled by anything he throws into them sure they hold him up but their not really doing much of anything. My casket i took last game but he shut it down going heavy magic so it never cast, catapult i have been unlucky with and hasn't done much of anything in most of our games. Same with my scorpions they usually do nothing against his knights and only really excell at killing his marauder horsemen (anything can kill these guys)

#7 ·
Oh great High Priest of LO, speak to the gods and find out how long it shall be until your King's work load is reduced and he is is able to once again devote a decent amount of time to helping out the great peoples of his great kingdom...

(Basically, hey! :D im still about but very busy irl lol)

#9 ·
I spoke to Ptra this morning, and he gave me a bad omen. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to work until you're finished with your degree... That's the problems you got by being King, hehe ;)

(Hai! :) Hope to see you around more soon. Quite boring to be the only ruler - except from the Princes, hehe)

I have a question for you Nagash.

If the equation -x^2 + 2(k+2)x - 9k = 0 has two imaginary roots, what are the values of k ?
For this question, I'm going to quote myself :sinister: Mwahahahahaha

Post your question here if:

• You have played against TK, but suspect that your opponent cheated or misread the rules in one way or the other.
  • You are playing with TK but suspect that you've misread the rules or just want to point out something strange in the TK Army Book.
  • You are playing with TK but is new to the forums. You don't know how to post new threads or where to post them.
  • You are playing with TK and need any Unit Guidance (Ex: You want to know "how to use Carrions" in a "specific situation").

I never said that I could answer mathematic equations :p Nice try! :dance:

//Nagash

#12 ·
Beginning and need some advice from a veteran

Howdy, I'm a first time poster, and a bit of a newbie to the Tomb Kings army. I could wax lyrical on how I saw them and fell in love with the fluff and the models and the artwork, but that's all been said before, so let's get down to brass tacks here.

A friend and I recently decided to start a new Fantasy campaign with entirely different armies to the ones we've played before. He decided to go Chaos Dwarves (latest Indy GT list, not the older Ravening Hordes) and I decided to go Tomb Kings.

I've ordered the tomb kings' battalion, 2 tomb scorpions and an additional unit of Skeleton Warriors, what from this do you think I could use to create a decent 1000pt army that'd stand a chance against my friend? I've read your beginner's guide and it really helped, unfortunately I read it after I ordered the stuff, and now I have no money left. Of course I'll have a tomb prince and a liche priest as well, but basically those are the units I have to work with. The beginner's guide said that a casket of souls and the screaming skull catapult were great units, but I haven't access to them. What then should I do, considering the units I do have at my disposal?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

#13 · (Edited)
Howdy, I'm a first time poster, and a bit of a newbie to the Tomb Kings army. I could wax lyrical on how I saw them and fell in love with the fluff and the models and the artwork, but that's all been said before, so let's get down to brass tacks here.

A friend and I recently decided to start a new Fantasy campaign with entirely different armies to the ones we've played before. He decided to go Chaos Dwarves (latest Indy GT list, not the older Ravening Hordes) and I decided to go Tomb Kings.

I've ordered the tomb kings' battalion, 2 tomb scorpions and an additional unit of Skeleton Warriors, what from this do you think I could use to create a decent 1000pt army that'd stand a chance against my friend? I've read your beginner's guide and it really helped, unfortunately I read it after I ordered the stuff, and now I have no money left. Of course I'll have a tomb prince and a liche priest as well, but basically those are the units I have to work with. The beginner's guide said that a casket of souls and the screaming skull catapult were great units, but I haven't access to them. What then should I do, considering the units I do have at my disposal?
Well, first of all - the Beginner's Guide is not my work, so I don't want any credit for it :p Thank Phoenix!

In a 1k Army you will not be able to field both a Casket and a SSC. I would suggest that you buy a SSC for additional chances of winning.

However, your Chariots will be your Triumph Cards. They are the only ones who can negate ranks and do good damage in a flank charge (of what you've told me you have). The Scorps can indeed do much damage, but only to Characters, War Machines and Skirmishers (monsters in some cases too). Make sure that you trap your opponent with Skellies in the front and make a Flank Charge with Chariots.

Scorps should be sent to hunt War Machine Crew and Characters - nothing else at this point limit :)

Use Skellie Bowmen. They'll cost you a bit less, which will provide you with more numbers. The more you are, the better...

Use three Characters - one Prince and two LPs. Hierophant with CotD. Prince with AotA. Second LP with Hieratic Jar.

Hope it helps!

//Nagash

#14 ·
Hello all :)

two questions for Mr Nagash....and everyone else really

First is a more general question. How does TK's compare to other armies these days?

Secondly, how do TK's deal with Beastmen of all things? Watched a game at the local club and the TK got massacred. First the beastman player moved up his screen of ungors (who got shot down) and then the second line of beastmen/minotaurs/chariots/shaggot hit home, pretty much destroying the TK. Has to be said that the TK list was a very shooty list

#15 ·
First is a more general question. How does TK's compare to other armies these days?
I will keep my answer short:

TK is a different Army that requires a "special" mind-set. One unit in TK will not be able to take on an enemy unit alone, but needs help from flankers and rear-chargers. You must use the Magic to bolster tactical opportunities, while you trick your opponent to think that the summoning is the key to success. In reality, it's just a little bonus (somtimes better than "a little").

Since TK require this extraordinary play-style (where the Hierophant is your most important model - better give away a unit of TGs than letting him die :p), they are fairly hard to play in the beginning. As you learn how to play them, they'll become VERY POWERFUL so that your opponents are screaming CHEESE when you shoot twice or walk twice a turn.

On a footnote, I must say that TK after all is an Undead Army. You pay a bit extra for every Skeleton, just for that rule. TK is a safe Army, without any OP Damaging Spells but also without any Selfdestructive Miscasts.

You always know how your TK Army will do, even before the game has started!

To answer your question: TK is not an Army designed to "easily win". You need tactics, Unit Syncronization and a bunch of tricks to make the Army work well. When a TK Veteran shows up, he can compare with other Armies as much as anyody else ;)

Secondly, how do TK's deal with Beastmen of all things? Watched a game at the local club and the TK got massacred. First the beastman player moved up his screen of ungors (who got shot down) and then the second line of beastmen/minotaurs/chariots/shaggot hit home, pretty much destroying the TK. Has to be said that the TK list was a very shooty list
For this question, I'm going to direct you to Phoenix :) He will be able to cover more details about facing them. He will see this post and answer your question (since he has played BoC for a while), or I'm gonna pick up my Serpent Staff :E HAHA!

(Phoenix, don't disappoint me :p)

//Nagash

#17 · (Edited)
Phoenix reporting for question answering duty :)

Beast wise, unless your opponent is playing a decent version of the army (i.e one designed by ME, check my sig :p) then Beasts should be just about TKs easiest opponant... you pretty much just need to let them try and charge you and fail miserably...
Be sure to get the upper hand on his Fear causers though, SSC and Ushabti charges to aim at Minotaurs. Chariots will also devastate Beast Herds and the likes, and even the more deadly looking Bestigor are gonna lose to 3 Chariots (go for the flank, just to be safe lol).
Even a If the shooty list had no backup (i.e it had almost all bow skellies) then i can see why theyd lose though.

#20 ·
Oh great Priest, I have a question for you. Which would you take first in a 1250 point list, the Screaming Skull Catapult or the Casket of Souls? I have read the beginners guide and the tactica. Both seem to have their uses, even at this low of points. But which would you take more often and why?

#21 ·
If I know my opponent, I'll try to stick with something that can counter him. Both the SSC and the Casket can be used in different tactics, situations that will grant you different kinds of benefits.

SSC:
(Good) Very effective "Stone Thrower", can shoot twice each turn. Tough to kill, able to be healed. Enemies must take Panic Tests if any casualty is caused. Skulls of the Foe makes this test even more dangerous for your opponent.
(Bad) Often limited Line of Sight. Small template - few hits. Scattered effect. Chance to miscast.

Basket:
(Good) Gives enemy Wizards -1 to Cast. Light of Death makes your other Incantations to go through. If not dispelled, LoD is a very global spell that can cause much harm to Units. Coldblooded Units get no extra dice.
(Bad) Forces one of your LPs to be stationary. Easy target for enemy "Hunters" - such as Gorgers, Miners, Gutter Runners etc... Costs alot!

That was a rough summary, so don't execute me if I missed something :p

First thing to think of, if you want to decide on only one of these two: Which armies do I face alot where I game? How do they play? Which weaknesses have these armies? What should I be careful with? What can really hurt me? How can I counter that Unit?

When you've answered all of those questions, I'm sure you're close to your own definite answer.

Personally, I like the Casket a little bit more ( though I love them both endlessly <333 ). In a 1250 points Tourney List, I would include him. In a 1000 points Tourney List, I would not include him, sinc it's much more of a problem with points at that level. Basically, the 250 extra points I get encourages me to field a Basket.

Note: I ALWAYS upgrade my SSC with Skulls of the Foe (except from single friendly games when I KNOW that I will face Undead or Daemons).

Hope This Helps You!

//Nagash

#25 ·
I would go for Bowmen, pretty solid answer. I made the mistake to put different kinds of weapons on my Skellies ( even Spears o_O ), while I today regret that I didn't put Bows on them all :freaked-out:

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite color?
What is the Capital of Syria?
What is..... The average flight speed velocity of an un-ladened swallow?
If I melt dry ice can I swim without getting wet?

What future additions or modifications do you think would be good for the next TK book, which I hear is due early to middle 2010?

The Basket of Souls?
A whole lot of questions over there :p Don't know if anyone of them is really serious (except from the Basket-question).

Basket of Souls is correct. Many eggs in one basket. The Basket is so heavy of points that it cannot move... Unfortunately.

Future additions and modifications: I can redirect you to two threads ;)

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tomb-kings/116500-7th-edition-wishlist.html

and

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tomb-kings/172361-tomb-kings-6-5-a.html

Check them out, and you will probably know alot more :) If you have already seen these Threads, ask me a more specific question ;)

Yeah. Nagash is going as a Tomb King for Halloween, so he's bringing along a basket of souls for his razorblade infested candy...
You caught me flatfooted! It's close to an idea I have :p HAHAHA!

//Nagash

#30 ·
I'm pretty sure that Phoenix tried to tell you of Warbands :) It's the title of very small battles where infantry can be deployed in Units of three models, Cavalry with two models and Monsters (and the like, Ushabtis for example) alone. By this way, you can field a single Ushabti.

Haha I knew I should've checked the army book before posting that, yeah I was thinking maybe just fielding one on a friendly game with a mate just to see if I like fielding them before buying more... obviously taking into account slot choices and numbers of them
As a note to you who will start to play with Ushabti: Use four! If you use less, they will disappoint you ;)

//Nagash

#28 ·
If your playing the rules for low points games (i forget the name, not Border Patrol, the other one, can be applied to 100-500 pt games) then i think you may be allowed to field a single Ush. Alt, you could always ask the kind permission of your opponent in friendly games :)

#34 ·
got a question, wondering how everyone else is playing it. It's been ages since I've taken the casket, and I really wanna start working it back into my lists. With that recent FAQ about MR not having an effect on indirect spells, I am going to assume that the TQ FAQ on the casket trumps this rule however.

It is very satisfying when the casket goes off, id really like to start taking it again.

#36 ·
got a question, wondering how everyone else is playing it.

With that recent FAQ about MR not having an effect on indirect spells, I am going to assume that the TQ FAQ on the casket trumps this rule however.

It is very satisfying when the casket goes off, id really like to start taking it again.
Generally where there is any contradiction the more recent FAQs trump older ones (like the TK FAQ specifically), though as a TK player I suppose I would say that wouldn't I? ;) GW are typically either tight lipped about it (since they don't endorse the FAQs as a policy), or -even worse- if you do manage to press them for a clarification then two different people at GW will often give two different answers. :disapointed:

I'm personally inclined to think MR doesn't affect the casket but I would suggest you keep a copy of the new FAQ handy if you're playing in a tourney. If anyone still wanted to argue the point then I would just let it go. It's not a huge deal in any event and the casket is well worth taking these days regardless.

Whatever way you go with this, I would still recommend you dust of the casket and give it a go again.

SOOOUUULS! :ghost::ghost::ghost:

#35 ·
Last I heard MR does not work on light of undeath.

I'm actually playing a warbands campaign with TK right now and I must tell you. If you are going to take a single model, don't do the Ushabti. Take a tomb scorpion. It's not that much more and the things are absolute beasts on the battlefield. Don't even use ICFB. The things are one of our fastest units. Poison and killing blow, MR(1). These things are great in regular warhammer, in warbands they are nearly unstoppable.

#44 ·
I was wondering what your thoughts on the Blade of Setep is.
I'm pretty much inclined to agree with Nagashs' sentiments on the BoS, we actually spoke about it a while ago now (though if memory serves that may of been via PM so you might not have seen it). The Blade of Setep is a really cool weapon, probably one that deserves to see more play than it actually does. The reason it usually doesn't is no so much because of any shortcomings on the part of the BoS, but rather that it faces such tough competition for selection against the likes of DoE and FoS.

Strangely enough, that is also the reason why some of the other items mentioned (Blue Khepra, Golden Ankhara etc) also see little play. Although those last two are perhaps a little over costed, the main problem with most of these items is that they are either trumped by better items that demand priority, or they are just too situational for inclusion in an 'all comers' list.

Everything in WHFB comes at a cost. Quite aside from the obvious points expenditure there is always the very real cost of not being able to take something else in its place or with the points available. This is sometimes difficult to agree upon because each of us has to base the decision on our own uniqe circumstances and -more often than not- by the specific opponents we face.

If, for example, you always seem to find yourself playing against Ogres then Enkils Kanopi is definately an auto include, but for most of us it is probably too situational and the points are usually better spent elsewhere. These are often things you will need to decide based on your own experiences.

On a last note, although the Blue Khepra is normally not good (because aside from the cost(s) your opponent will just fling his magic at something else), it could be spectacular in very low points games where you only have maybe a single block and perhaps a scorpion or two, because your opponent will have no other choice but to try and wade through your MR. ;) It would also work well on a deathstar if you were really inclined to go that route.

#38 ·
yeah, i am gonna give it a go soon, though in my friendly games my bud likes to take a black dragon haha. Last time i took the casket was in a tourney before the MR faq came out, and i didn't get it off in 3 games, and 1 game had malekith, which im never gonna cast on lol.

#40 ·
Blade of Setep is nice, but it pretty much has to go on a king, your prince would be defenseless if he held one. On a king you could take it and a gold ankrha, with LA and a shield. Gives him a 4+ armour and 4+ ward. This is actually a good combo for him on a chariot. But if on foot, that is 95 points of magic items, id still go with the destroyer of eternities and the collar, DoE is easily a top 5 best weapons in the game. I play 4 armies and it is my favourite weapon.

#41 ·
I will sadly have to disagree with this statement :p The Tomb Prince's ultimate defense is his Wounds. He have T5 and W3, which is unnatural for a Hero with a cost of 100 points ;) You can really give this weapon to a Prince, without feeling sorry for the save.

The GA is not a good choice (according to me). It's a classic Ward Save, which means that we could give our dear King an extraordinary Item instead, like the AotA or something :)

DoE and CoS is my fav too! :dance: Put him with a Unit of TGs who includes Icon of Rakaph, and he will see battles ;)

//Nag, the Hag

#42 ·
Currently I'm using a Khalida army so she's my Tomb Queen. However I do plan to expand my TK so I can play with multiple types of TK armies. That being said, if I take a unit of TG with a TK w/ DoE and CoS, would it be worth it to stick a LP in the unit with the Blue Khepra? (giving the unit MR 2)?

#45 ·
Two questions

1) How effective is a Tomb King in a chariot with the DoE/CoS combo?

2) Suppose this Tomb King was being supported by a unit of three chariots with a magical banner. What would be the best choice for such a banner? The three I am considering are the Icon of the Sacred Eye (which wouldn't be much benefit to the DoE), the Mirage Standard (to help protect the unit as a whole) and the Banner of the Undying Legion (to help ease the pain of wound transfers).

#46 ·
1) How effective is a Tomb King in a chariot with the DoE/CoS combo?
Not effective at all, since you cannot wield the Destroyer if your King is not on foot :)

2) Suppose this Tomb King was being supported by a unit of three chariots with a magical banner. What would be the best choice for such a banner? The three I am considering are the Icon of the Sacred Eye (which wouldn't be much benefit to the DoE), the Mirage Standard (to help protect the unit as a whole) and the Banner of the Undying Legion (to help ease the pain of wound transfers).
From now on, I suppose that we have switched the DoE for somethng else ;)

Icon of the Sacred Eye is not a favourite to me. The effect is good if you have such a weapon as FoS, BoS, SoA and CaFoR. If none of these weapons are fielded in the Unit, I would skip this Icon.

Mirage Standard is very good when you go up against a Shooty Army. I prefer this one against a player that I know plays shooty Armies with Dwarfs, Elves (of all kinds), Empire or Skaven. Otherwise, I skip this Standard.

Banner of the Undying Legion is not what I usually give to my Chariot Units. It is a good way to keep th unit alive if they are supposed to see alot of combat. It is totally a waste of points if you don't field a Casket, since it will easily be dispelled (PL:3).

Since the question not turned out as expected, you might want to know something that I missed? :)

//Nagash

#49 · (Edited)
Nagash, my dad is going to start a fantasy army and can't decide between Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings. Could you please enlighten him on how to play Tomb Kings, and maybe some playstyles.

Also some painting advice for the skeletons etc would be greatly appreciated (what spray, paints etc to use).

Some help on what to buy and what lords to get, maybe even a help for his first 1000 point army list. Bear in mind this is his first ever Warhammer Fantasy or 40k army. He is 40 years young and would appreciate the help, despite not admitting it at first.

Thanks,

Cark.

#52 ·
Pretty interesting to hear that he will start an Army :) How did you inspire him? (Would be really nice to inspire my father, hehe ;))

First off: To choose between TK and VC is not that hard, really. Answer these questions, mostly for fluff :)

Do you want...

• Hordes of Undead soldiers, marching forwards as you "play your flute"? (VC)
  • Elite trained skeletons who, on behalf of their Pharao, can make supernatural tactical moves? (TK)
  • One, and only one, who is the ultimate ruler over his/her domain? (VC)
  • A cooperation between the wisest men and the royal blood to shape a balance between order and magic? (TK)
  • An evil army fighting for dominance? (VC)
  • A doomed army, once cursed by a foul Necromancer, fighting for their territories? (TK)

There are different kinds of ways to play Tomb Kings. I'm not sure about how I'm supposed to write everything since I would have to repeat what others said before me in ages :p I will introduce two playable "playstyles" for you.

Skulls and Souls, Bones and Bows

The title explains alot of the content. This is the way that I usually field my TK. Just sit and wait - counter movement with reforms.

Play with a SSC and Casket. Place them close to each other so that they benefit from each others defense, or far from each others so no one will be able to take on them both in a row.
Play with Skeletons. Give them Bows and field them in big Units so that they'll be able to outnumber most of its foes. Start off to fire at any Large Target you can find.
Play with flankers. It's pretty much these who will do the "dirty job". When your enemy approaches, send your Bowmen to meet them in the front. Flank with Units such as Ushabtis and Chariots (could also be a TK with DoE in a TG unit with IoR) - all in one row! :dance: Thanks to the shooting and magic, it will be a weakened enemy that approach...

Territory Hunter

This is a way to use the mobility granted in TK. I will not describe it in detail, but search the forum for more clues of what I'm talking about. Walk forwards with your seemingly slow Army - it will hit at the first turn.

Play with Casket and either a BG or a SSC (your choice). The Casket is needed to secure areas on the table. By doing this, you'll have an advantage of seeing your opponent restricted to some prechosen places.
Play with at least two Units of Chariots, 4 in each. Make multiple charges at once.
Be sure to use fast movement to reach your enemy right away. Wait for the damage-dealers, such as the Shabs.
Secure one place after another, focusing all your effort to a single spot of the battlefield. When your enemy falls here, take on to the next one! :sinister:

Painting Skeletons can be made in several ways. If your father have never painted before, I would recommend a Chaos Black Basecoat. Drybrush with either Bleached Bone or Skull White (or both if you like) and pick out details with washes (like Flesh Wash or something in like that).

For the first list I would suggest that you check out these threads :) They are really good to get started with, now when you have some key options already available ;)

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tomb-kings/122315-beginners-guide-tomb-kings.html
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...common-points-made-when-commenting-lists.html

Hope It Helps!

I take it then, Banner of the Undying Legion goes into the "absorb enemy dispel dice" catagory with the casket then, eh?
Often, yeah :) Since it is as effective as an ordinary Incantation but with a constant PL of 1, your opponent often tries to dispel it. Just make sure that you keep the Unit pushed so that you'll be able to use the banner ;) Let the Hierophant be close to this Unit when the summoning is really needed!

Your opponent will mostly dispel such a spell, which means that you have taken care of yet another DD each turn for 25 few points :p

//Nagash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.