Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think assasins are great. One thing. Im having trouble using each assasin effectively and im using them against all the wrong armies. Some help please.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
First of all the most important...
Do you have the Assasins codex?
The codex that came out as an extra in WD july 1999... That's just the first hint I give...

Other than that.....
You say what armies to use them on...
I'd say anyone...
Prefer to use the vindicare assasin, he's good against all.
Not not use the callidus assasins against C'tan
Everson are nice... but don't deliberately charge them into the carnifexes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Whilst I've always thought Assassins were kinda cool, I do not use them. Unless there is some cool reason, like it works with a storyline or bonus for suceeding in a special mission in a campaign, I just plain don't field them. I guess I have too much pride in my soldiers, and I'd rather they earn the glory than some outsider...

Although the few times I've used them I've discovered they make great distractions, often your enemy will be so worried about what your assassin is going to do he/she neglects the rest of your army. They also tend to draw an awful lot of enemy fire...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of using the Callidus Assassin vs Tau, as she can morph in, use Neural Shredder and then charge something. Her Jump Back rule is also great.

But the Vindicare seems good, although he can only get 1 kill per turn. And as I see it, he cant kill off anything with more than one W in one turn (except for Turbo-Penetrator, of course) . But seems good for being a distraction and for sniping off lascannon crew, flamermodels and the likes =) .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That's kinda the meaning of the vindicare assasin.
I ersonally like him best...
I have had bad experience with him in combat... having him in the opponents team kinda almost killed off my deamon prince.

But I have to say the Everson assasin seems like a good choice too, a real maniac in close combat, and if he's so unlucky to die he even leaves a little explosion for them to remember him by.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I´d rather get the Callidus over any other because I love its strategic advantages:

- the create confusion ability, which could give you an edge from the beginning of the game
- The ability to appear anywhere on the battlefield

So you can displace that nasty enemy unit which was going to tear you down to pieces and appear next to that other shooty unit who was going to stop your advance.

It will give you one or two turns for your HtH units to close and destroy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
my prefences

space marines
chaos -vindacare
other deamonhunters

eldar
dark eldar -caddulas

imperial guard
tau
nercons -vindicare or caddlus
tyrinids

orks -eversor

eldar ultwe - culexus

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think the best assasin is the calllidus because thanks to her i have only ever lost one battle . If the vindicar had a triple penintrator he would be good
:w

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
The Callidus is a mauler! Just plonk her near Imperial Guardsmen, Tau and Eldar an she will tear them apart, just make sure she is not too outnumbered in close-combat.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Vindicare = hit on 2+, wound on 4+ = killed a Daemon Prince in 4 shots. Oh yea!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wow, you mean that after I hit an enemy with my Vindicare I then have a full 50% chance of wounding......gee wiz thats great.

As you can tell Im being sarcastic........Vindicares rubbish. Pay ten more points and get a kick ass Callidus.

I have to admit though that the Vindicares ability to shoot into a close combat is exceptionaly usful.......but still, for 110pts you have to get something.

·
Registered
199 Posts
the thing is with the vindicare that for 10 pts extra you can give him nuro toxins. This gives you a rerole to wound. You can find it in codex cityfight. The calidus assasin is good to because you cant save any wounds in cc. She has a catan fase sword. This cansels your inv save. The other to ......well i dont know about those. i dont like them. but the vindicare is very usefull.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sr. Shadow, don't you be dissin' the Vindicare! Callidus assassins are good, but they have to get in close to do any damage. I was playing with one and she got smoked with a Plasma Cannon in her first turn!

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL, well i'd say that was pure bad luck to be honest, altho i use the vindicare, the callidus is exceptionally good. She just tears things apart with that c'tan phase sword, and how she can move away from combat, makes her nearly invincible, shes nuts :blink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by XV-88@Nov 5 2003, 19:07
Sr. Shadow, don't you be dissin' the Vindicare! Callidus assassins are good, but they have to get in close to do any damage. I was playing with one and she got smoked with a Plasma Cannon in her first turn!
how'd you manage that? :p doesn't she just perfect deep strike in and can go into assault that turn?

·
Registered
6 Posts
People people people, the best assassin is easily the eversor, in 1 game he killed 2 wraithlords and a squad of 5 wraithguard (rolled those 5's and 6's for his combat drugs) he can infiltrate has a 12 inch charge range, and can kill anything in the game (yes even carnies). Callidus is only useful against low leadership creatures and you have to roll pretty high to actually do anything in close combat (sh only get 4 attacks on the charge) the nerural shredder is kind of useful but only against low leadership creatures. Vindicare is good but only against armies that depend on good squad leaders with badass equipment (or picking off those annoying dark reapers)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.