Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have the book infront of me so I am not too sure if this is legal but would be awesome if it is.
Could you give an assassin the crown of command, stick him in a unit and never reveal him.

This way you would always have a stubborn unit

·
Registered
656 Posts
I dont think you can get the benefit from the item without revealing you have it, thereby revealing the assassin. Its much cheaper to just put it on a character that wont ever die or one that sits in the second rank.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
I think what he's saying is to have an Assassin, tell your opponent that you have an Assassin, but then never place the Assassin in the regiment. Since your opponent can't target the Assassin (he's not there) you would never lose Stubborn.

I don't think it works though. The Assassin is not there - he can't be targeted, he can't be affected by Spells, etc. Likewise, he can't lend his fighting ability to any of the models, can't use his items, etc. Basically, he's just not on the table, he hasn't been deployed yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think what he's saying is to have an Assassin, tell your opponent that you have an Assassin, but then never place the Assassin in the regiment. Since your opponent can't target the Assassin (he's not there) you would never lose Stubborn.

I don't think it works though. The Assassin is not there - he can't be targeted, he can't be affected by Spells, etc. Likewise, he can't lend his fighting ability to any of the models, can't use his items, etc. Basically, he's just not on the table, he hasn't been deployed yet.
Exactly. The minute you claim you are stubborn, your opponent will ask well how is that? At that point, you would have to reveal the assassin with the crown of command to gain the benefit of the item. At least that is how I see it and would play it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts