Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Ender of Threads
1,312 Posts
Robizzle said:
You sure? I don't have the codex to hand, but isn't it just enemy psykers on the table that gives you extra shots?

Nope. "For every Psyker within 12 inches". No ifs, ands, or buts, it works with any and all Psykers.

The problems with that idea are:

*Yeah, it's powerful, but only 12" firing range. Easy to just avoid.
*You've gotta cluster all your psykers within 12" of the Culexus, putting them at risk for the Culexus' leadership sapping powers.
*That's an awful lot of effort to invest in just one gun.
* Assassins only get a 4+ save. It's invulnerable, but hit them with a squad worth of fire and he'll fold really fast.

So basically, it's a very potent weapon that isn't too useful, requires tons of preparation from you, puts lots of your troops at a disadvantage, and gets killed extremely easily. I'll stick to bolters, thanks...<_<

· Registered
3,523 Posts
Wraith said:
The problems with that idea are...
All of what he said is correct.

Plus, you are required to buy an Inquisitor Lord in order to use that Assassin. And Lords have a minimum cost of somewhere around 60pts (since they *must* have at least three henchmen).

· With Oden On Our Side...
1,138 Posts
Does it work if the Psykers are in combat?

If so, you could send them into combat 8" on his side and he could shoot.
Before the combat, you could keep the Psykers infront as a Meat Shield.

Admittedly, I don't know much about these unit's stats or points, so this might be a terrible idea, but I thought I'd throw that out.

· Registered
3,523 Posts
The_Giant_Mantis said:
You can use an inquisitor as an elites choice.. minimum cost is about 21 points (with almost nothing, admittedly.)
While this is true, there's a problem. You are only allowed limited FOC slots when using allies - 0-1 for all of them except Troops (0-2) and Heavy (none). Since an Assassin is an Elite slot (and therefore fills the 0-1 limit), you must take an Inquisitor Lord in the HQ slot.

Remember also that these slots are from your normal FOC. A normal FOC allows for up to two HQ units, one of which is mandatory. If you use this strategy, then the Lord fills the second HQ slot, meaning you cannot have any more. The Assassin fills one of the three normal Elite slots in the same manner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.