Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question regarding assaulting a vehicle. In a recent game a vehicle was immobilized during the opponents shooting phase. In the following assault phase it was assaulted by a unit. It had moved over 12" in the previous movement phase (Eldar Skimmer with Vectored engines). Do they auto hit?

Notes: The rule book states that you need 6+ to hit a vehicle that had moved at combat speed or faster (going by memory, but if it was only enough for 4+, this still concerns you. Trust me). At a separate point in the book it states that when assaulting a vehicle that is immobilized or stunned you automatically hit. Which takes precedence.

During the game I argued that the movement still takes priority, however I am starting to feel that I may have been incorrect. I would appreciate your responses.

Also: Same situation but tank became immobilized due to terrain, I'm kinda stuck.

I feel that this can be very useful if you know how to exploit it. Extra armor might appear more attractive some of my friends vehicles.

·
1,648 Posts
Rulebook says that vehicles that are immoblised or remained stationary are auto-hit. Even if the vehicle did move 12" the previous turn, it still falls under the immobilised category.

Sorry, it gets hit automatically in CC.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
During the game I argued that the movement still takes priority, however I am starting to feel that I may have been incorrect. I would appreciate your responses.
I'm sorry to say that I believe you were. If the vehicle was immobilized during the shooting phase it would following that it is immobile during the assault phase, when it is under attack.

The issue of precedence is not clearly addressed, but that is how I would rule it.

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
I can understand the confusion. The three categories are "immobilized or was stationary", "moved at combat speed", and "moved at cruising speed". Since the skimmer moved flat out it counts as having moved at cruising speed, but since it has been immobilized it falls into the first category too, and there is no rule stating clearly which takes precedence.
But I am with Hockeyman506 and ze_poodle, because the "immobilized or" wouldn't make sense otherwise. If it counted only in the turn after it has been immobilized, then the requirement "was stationary" would entirely suffice.

Yet what I am unable to agree with is that stunned vehicles are hit automatically too. I would like to be pointed to a source for this ruling as I have not yet come across it.
A vehicle that was stunned for a turn and is assaulted in the opposing player's following turn, then the vehicle of course falls under the category "was stationary" and is hit automatically. But a vehicle that is stunned in the enemy shooting phase and assaulted immediately thereafter is still hit dependent on how far it moved during its previous turn.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If the vehicle is Immobilised at the point of attack, you hit automatically.
This can even happen in the same combat.
Marines immobilise skimmer at I4 with normal attacks, hitting on 6's (assuming the skimmer moved fast enough).
Powerfist Auto-hits at I1.

·
1,648 Posts
Yet what I am unable to agree with is that stunned vehicles are hit automatically too. I would like to be pointed to a source for this ruling as I have not yet come across it.

A vehicle that was stunned for a turn and is assaulted in the opposing player's following turn, then the vehicle of course falls under the category "was stationary" and is hit automatically. But a vehicle that is stunned in the enemy shooting phase and assaulted immediately thereafter is still hit dependent on how far it moved during its previous turn.
I agree on this point as well.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Yes, so do I. The rules outlined on P.63 BRB make no mention whatsoever about a stunned vehicle being hit automatically in the same player turn that it became stunned. However, as was already pointed out: if a vehicle is stunned in Turn A by the opponent, then it cannot obviously move in its own next turn. Then in the opponent's Turn B, the vehicle will count as having been stationary in its previous turn and is therefore hit automatically in CC by the opponent.

E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.