1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a unit gets to the assault phase, can they move an extra 6" even if
an enemy unit isnt within 6".
eg can a normal unit move a total of 12" in a turn
And can hormagaunts always move 18" (6" normal move plus 12" assault move(fleet of claw) because they are basically always assaulting?
I didnt quite understand the assault movement rules because Im used to 2nd edition : >

·
1,019 Posts
As i understand it (i had trouble with this as well...still do if i'm wrong). If the enemy isnt within charge range (6", 12" whatever) then the charge doesnt happen.
They simply dont move at all.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Just to be sure:
Being able to reach the enemy isn't sufficient either, you actually have to reach him. A charge move can only be made if it brings you into close combat, you may not move into another direction. Eldar Jetbikes are an exception.

jwu

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
also, just to clear it up a bit, the hormagaunts 12" assault move is not the fleet of claw rule, it's bounding leap. you still get fleet of claw/wing if you're not within charging range.

that means that in a single round a hormagaunt can move 6", then in the shooting phase, move d6" (unaffected by terrain mods), and if within charge range, 12" more. that's a maximum of 24 whopping " in a single round...

yummy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.