Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(note:unless otherwise noted everything refers to the armylist in the rule book)

HQ

277 Command Hq- Colonel plasmapistol/powerweapon, Commissar laspistol/powerweapon, 4 guardsmen Flamers, Preacher laspistol/powerweapon rosarius, Chimera smokelaunchers, frag grenades

262 Command Hq- Captain plasmapistol/powerweapon, Commissar laspistol/powerweapon, 4 guardsmen Flamers, Preacher laspistol/powerweapon rosarius, Chimera smokelaunchers, frag grenades

ELITES

150 Ogryns- 5 Ogryns Preacher laspistol/powerweapon rosarius

150 Ogryns- 5 Ogryns Preacher laspistol/powerweapon rosarius

95 Eversor Assassin- (codex assassins)

TROOPS

206 Armored fist squad- 8 lasguns, flamer, vetsrgt laspistol/powerweapon, preacher rosarius laspistol/powerweapon, frag grenades, Chimera smoke launchers

206 Armored fist squad- 8 lasguns, flamer, vetsrgt laspistol/powerweapon, preacher rosarius laspistol/powerweapon, frag grenades, Chimera smoke launchers

FAST ATTACK

130 Rough Riders- 9 Riders laspistol/ccw hunting lance, vetsrgt laspistol/powerweapon hunting lance, frag grenades

73 Hellhound- Inferno Cannon Heavy Bolter smoke launchers

73 Hellhound- Inferno Cannon Heavy Bolter smoke launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT

168 Leman Russ- Battle Cannon Lascannon Sponson Heavy Bolters smoke launchers

188 Leman Russ Demolisher- Demolisher Cannon Lascannon Plasma Cannon sponsons smoke launchers

Total: 2990 pts.
Cost: about $812
Opponents Surprise: Priceless

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant that options not in the rule book, besides i have enough flamers, 14 in squads and 2 Inferno Cannons

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or orks or dark eldar wych cults or kroot

and this was missing from the Heavy Support section:
188 Leman Russ Demolisher- Demolisher Cannon Lascannon Plasma Cannon sponsons smoke launchers

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I'd love to play against assaulty guard... now I don't know the army list in the rulebook (and I don't know why you use it), but you can't take more than 1 command HQ, and you can only take 1 armoured fist squad for each infantry platoon. So while the idea is cool (though destined for failure ;) ) it's kind of illegal :p .

·
Registered
97 Posts
It would be an awesome list, but for a few problems:

1. You can only have one Priest Delegation, which only consists of up to 5 priests (preachers, missionaries, confessors), which counts as an elites choice, so you'd have to drop an elites choice for those guys.

2. I am almost positive Preachers cannot have Rosarii

3. Vet Sergeants cannot have power weapons in your armoured fist/rough rider squads

4. Can't have 2 command HQs

If you really don't care about points that much, I'd recommend giving the Colonel and his Commissar power fists... Imperial Guard almost always strike last in hand to hand, and my philosophy is that if I am going to strike last, I might as well go last and wound on 2+'s ignoring armor saves :)

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the rulebook doent have any of those limits, armored fists squads are a different troop type and the only rule is you can have only 1 colonel for each 3000 pts and heroes of the imperium preachers can be bought for any squad and may have a rosarius for +10 pts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunately, the codices invalidate the entries in the main rulebook. The Imperial Guard Codex has the rules for the Armored Fist squads, the second HQ choice would only be allowed if you were to play using 2 force charts, and the Priestly Delegations' rules are in WD274, with Rosarii actually costing 25 pts., and only able to be used by Missionaries and Confessors. Though if I am correct, the new rules for the Priests are much better than the ones in the Big Book, having several more interesting wargear options, and some fun special rules. I think the WD was released after Chapter Approved 2k3, so they didn't make it in there.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont have the guard codex :( but if anybody has one they dont need I'll borrow it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.