Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After careful consideration and many questions on this forum I've come up with this idea for an army:
(IVE REVISED YET AGAIN AND POSTED MY NEWER IDEAL ARMY 3 POSTS DOWN, READ THAT ONE)

HQ:
1 Chaos Lord with: Manreaper, Sorcerer, Wind of Chaos, Affliction, Nurgle's Rot, Nurgling infestation.
4 havocs with: 2 plasma guns, 1 melta, 1 flamer
1 havoc a.c. with bolter + power fist
1 plague banner standard bearer with bolter

(maybe 7 terminators with 1 heavy flamer 1 reaper autocannon, rest undecided)

6 plague marines with: 2 plasma guns, 4 bolters + 2 cc wpns, 2 power fists
1 plague marine a.c with: bolter + plague sword, nurgle's rot, nurgling infestation

1 plague marine a.c with: bolter + plague sword, nurgle's rot, nurgling infestation

6 plague marines with: 2 plasma guns(or 2 meltas), 4 bolters + 2 cc wpns, 2 power fists

7 plague bearers

(maybe 1 more unit of 7 plague bearers)

1 dreadnaught with: twin linked las cannon, 1 chainfist arm

1 predator with: 3 lascannons

1 defiler with: battle cannon, twin linked autocannon, twin linked meltas

This will probably be quite a bit of points, but keep in mind I play against my friends armies which are near 1500 points, one of which has 3 hqs. In smaller point situations id get rid of the termis, 1 troop unit, and 1 plaguebearer unit

Any other advice?

·
Registered
279 Posts
HeXsim said:
After careful consideration and many questions on this forum I've come up with this idea for an army:

HQ:
1 Chaos Lord with: Manreaper, Sorcerer, Wind of Chaos, Affliction, Nurgle's Rot, Nurgling infestation.
4 havocs with: 2 plasma guns, 1 melta, 1 flamer
1 havoc a.c. with bolter + power fist
1 plague banner standard bearer with bolter

(maybe 7 terminators with 1 heavy flamer 1 reaper autocannon, rest undecided)

6 plague marines with: 2 plasma guns(or 2 meltas), 4 bolters + 2 cc wpns, 2 power fists

7 plague bearers

(maybe 1 more unit of 7 plague bearers)

1 dreadnaught with: twin linked las cannon, 1 chainfist arm

1 predator with: 3 lascannons

1 defiler with: battle cannon, twin linked autocannon, twin linked meltas

This will probably be quite a bit of points, but keep in mind I play against my friends armies which are near 1500 points, one of which has 3 hqs. In smaller point situations id get rid of the termis, 1 troop unit, and 1 plaguebearer unit

Any other advice?
I would drop the nurgling infestation and sorcerer on the lord and put strength and spiky bits instead.

Argh, havocs. Why?

W00t? 2 power fists in each of the PM squads? Where is the rule for that? P fist instead of P sword on the asps and drop infestation on them too.

I would use either two closerange or two longrange weapons on the dreadnought. Try to decide.

The rest looks good. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think you need more of the basic trooper. Having only three units of seven troops in a 1500 point game, I feel, is rather risky, especially since death guard's strength is in its basic trooper.

not only that, but I am not sure why you have the "havocs" in your headquarters section. Are you saying that they are a retinue for your character? Because if they are, the only retinue can be chosen. And if you have chosen, only every third chosen retinue can be armed with a special weapon.

I also might suggest against terminators, because it seems that from your heavy support you will be fighting a lot at long range, and I don't see why you would send a small unit like that to fight largely on their own. It would be close to suicide.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is my newest "revised" ideal death guard army:

This is what I've actually bought and assembled so far:

HQ:
1 Chaos lord: carrying manreaper, with almost all of typhus's abilities, except minor psyker powers and destroyer hive(figure that would save about 40-50 points)
1 AC:bolter + power fist, nurgles rot, nurgling infestation
4 Plague Marine Havocs: 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, 1 melta
1 Icon Bearer:blague banner, close combat weapon

1 AC:bolter + plague sword, nurgles rot, nurgling infestation
6 Plague Marines:2 plasma guns, 4 bolters, 4 close combat weapons

This is what else I will have:

7 Plague Bearers:standard close combat weapons and abilities

1 Predator: 3 lascannon, daemonic or parasitic(whichever repairs weapons) possession
1 Defiler: battle cannon, twin linked autocannon, twin linked flamer (maybe use the melta upgrade)

Possibile add ons:

7 terminators: 1 reaper autocannon, 1 heavy flamer, possibly another plague banner, suggestions on the rest + skills?

1 Great Unclean One: standard wpns/skills

1 Dreadnaught: plasma cannon + claw

Keep in mind I'm playing mostly against my friends armies which are near or over 1,500 points

Any advice on the list so far? Thnx for your input

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
First off, Army Lists belong in the Army Lists subforum. That's why it is there.

Second, you don't need to make a new thread every time you have an update to your list. Just reply to your thread with what you have changed.

~Cal

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
untitledmike said:
not only that, but I am not sure why you have the "havocs" in your headquarters section. Are you saying that they are a retinue for your character? Because if they are, the only retinue can be chosen. And if you have chosen, only every third chosen retinue can be armed with a special weapon.
I didn't read that the first time..Maybe if I did something like this?:

1 Typhus (or just chaos lord as in my second post)
1 AC
5 Plague Marine Troops

1 Havoc AC
4 Havocs
1 Plague Marine Troop
1 Plague Marine Icon Bearer

that make a little more sense? that still doesn't solve the chosen problem though..I guess I could either upgrade them to chosen(can I do that?) or use terminators in their place, or just have typhus as an independent character.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts