Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, what sort of space object terrain do you have on your tabletop. Is it bare or is it littered with asteroids, planets, nebulae and other celestial phenomenon. Not something that people seem to talk about much. Post some pics, I'd like to see.

You can see my creations here
http://spaces.msn.com/tabletopgames

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those planets look awesome. How did you do it?

Me and my mate made a BFG table. We have asteriods similar to the ones you have but we grouped them together and put them onto wooden bases so they wouldn fly around everywhere. We also have dust clouds made from flying bases covered in sand. They look surprisingly good

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not a bad idea to prevent flying around, but usually you allow the asteroids to be mobile, so they can be moved for ship movement. In a real asteroid field, the movements of the ships could avoid the rocks, so you have to be able to move the rocks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Asteroids are easy if you have a few spare flying stands. We found some rocks in an aquatics shop, which easily attatch to the flying pole and make excelent asteroids (especially since they were the right sort of colour and texture).

The card planets in the BFG box are good, but tischtennis balls, styrene cut onto spheres, or even oasis globes make decent planets with a little textured paint or something similar.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Someone at my local gaming club made a huge set of space terrain for BFG. Whenever we play a game, we just radomly generate everything using the rules in the book.

At the 2005 Atlanta Gamesday I played on a table in which there were about 8 warp rifts that would randomly jump around the table. By the third turn, the game was more about avoiding/surviving the warp rifts than actually fighting against each other.

·
Registered
238 Posts
but usually you allow the asteroids to be mobile, so they can be moved for ship movement
We allowed for that by leaving enough room for bases to fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts