Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another mythical problem does ( not any more but in history) ever excisted on this planet and if what happend and if not why not?? i think it did but not in the way people think. everyone thinks they where special but i think atlantis was just of off thousands of litle islands in an ocean( wich one??) and oneday it was swallowed by the sea. no more no less. no special powers nothing. 9 takes out the romance doesn't it B) )

any ideas??

·
Registered
959 Posts
atlantis does exsist. earlier this century they found ruins of an unrecorded ancient civilisation from around when the greeks were just taking off. it was far superior to all others at that time and as it was found on the island of Crete in the meditteranean they called the civilisation the Minoans after the minotaur of crete. and not too long ago on an island 90 miles north of crete they discovered ruins from the same civilisation below a volcano which had errupted around the time this civilisation died out and when the atlanteans disappeared and so this is what they think was atlantis. no super powers or mega weapons just highly advanced.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool!! never heard of that before. do you have any names or places so i will investigate? i'm very curious. tanx

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've heard of what Carcaroth is refering to as well.....So it did exist!! But not like in that Damn Disney movie......too fake dammit! Will Disney ever make a movie that makes logical sense, other than Poccahantas.......However you spell it.......

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
only the god of cheese knows that

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Your idea of antarctica is the most accurate.
The ancient greek said that atlantis lay in the middle of the ocean, a round continent with channels stretching into the heart of the continent.
It has been proved by scientists that the poles of the earth have shifted previously in time, so we can't say for sure if antarctica is atlantis until this happens again...

Here's something for you all to wonder about...

*Where were the fabled continents of Lemuria and Pan located.*

Tell me this and I'll add some stuff about them that I got...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lemuria and pan are the same islands. its a missing contigent wich would have had people who had highly advanced techniques and those peopel might have something to do with easter island? donnu if its right. i read a summory of a book called "lost cities of ancient lemuria and the paccific". did you mena these or did you mean something else?

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
i think every one is looking in the wrong place i think its in the medeterrainian they found an island with flushing toilets and thats enough proof for me :lol:

·
Registered
959 Posts
well it's impossible for antartica to be atlantis. it's too damn far away- even 30 thousand years ago it was and is too far away.

for the ancient greeks dont you think that the middle of the meditteranean would be the middle of the ocean in those times?

well the whole story of atlantis and it's destruction it's got to be a volcanic island and with this island in the middle of the meditteranean with a lost highly advanced civilisation on it it's just got to be atlantis.

Lemuria and Pan? think ive heard about these before but not sure so tell us.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
thats what i mean mabye plato was druck when being told about atlantis and couldent remember where it was when he wrote it down

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you must not forget that all facts plato wrote down were proven to be right, so why would hy lie about atlantis?? some sort of conspiratie maybe ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
It existed and is now an ancient ruin...buried in the sands of time...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Plato also said that Atlantis was between the Pillars of Hercules. The hell are those? They have some theories, but nothing too big.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i think plato didnt really know exactly where atlantis was and just kinda used his artistic license to make it sound better. i mean "it lies between the pillars of hercules" sounds better than "oh it's about 300 k's that a way".

pillars of hercules- strait of gibraltar or something like that, where the meditteranean meets the atlantic.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Originally posted by shas@Oct 28 2003, 19:48
lemuria and pan are the same islands. its a missing contigent wich would have had people who had highly advanced techniques and those peopel might have something to do with easter island? donnu if its right. i read a summory of a book called "lost cities of ancient lemuria and the paccific". did you mena these or did you mean something else?
Your partially right...
The land of Pan was an almost a perfect eliptic sircle that covered most of the pacific, although I have also heard about it once being in the indian ocean, thereby explaning how animals got to Australia.
Lemuria was a giant continent covering most of the pacific and at the same time interconnecting most islands in the present day pacific. From The easter island in the east to the marshal islands and micronesia in the west.
I got some more time tomorrow and I'll list all I know...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
weird!!!! :a

thats even weirder then atlantis and the yeti together. how can an island be perfectly eliptic?? give some more info im really curious 8| 8|

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have heard that a mad dude had a vision about explorers discovering atlantis in the 1960's (date unknown) but at the exact date a diver faound loads of ruins with high-tech masonry and stuff, just off the east coast of Burma in Indonisia.

On the other hand... Maybe it was just some greek guy who made it all up so ppl like us would remember his name in years to come???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.