Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering.

Lets say i have one IG commissar. I equip the commissar with a power fist and a power sword. Now he has 4 attacks (3 base +1 for an extra CCW).
lets say he gets charged.
Now how many attacks can he make with his power fist, and how many can he make with his power sword?
I've always used it so i choose how many attacks i make with each, but i've never really been clear on this.

Help anyone?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You don't have to split attacks, if you have 2 different close combat weapons you may split, or make the model's full number of attacks with only one of his weapons.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I always arm my power fist commissars with some kind of pistols and power fist. Since I play IG, I figure that I'll always be striking last... I might as well strike last with a strength 6 power weapon :)

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So all the attacks i get from upgrades and such (daemonic mutation, charging, extra CCW) can be used on one weapon? (say a power fist)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You definitely have to decide what weapon to use in every assault phase, and you then have to use it for all attacks. You may not decide to resolve two of the attacks with the power fist and another one with the power sword.
Logan Grimnar is the only character to may use different weapons in the same assault phase, and since this is a special rule for him, we can be quite sure that others can't do this unless specifically stated.

jwu

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Unfortunately, no splitting allowed unless you have special rules that specifically allow it. You may choose to use or not use a special weapon, but your choice remains the same for the entire assault phase. Any additional attacks you gain in the phase (charging, two CC weapons, etc) are all resolved using the weapon of choice for the phase.

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i think i have it now.

Lets say i have 2 attacks and +1 for some upgrade (daemonic mutation for example). Andi have a CCW and a Power fist.

Combat is initiated (i didnt charge). I decide to make my normal 2 attacks with the close combat weapon but may also make one attack with my powerfist (or 3 attacks with the CCW) because of the mutation.

Right?

·
Registered
123 Posts
No, you may make 3 attacks using either or, not both. You will either strike using your power weapon/pistol/CCW of your choice striking in initiative sequence. Or you can make 3 attacks with your power fist, always striking last.

Uncle Jesse

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what wolfraider said made no sense, or did i misunderstand?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Jesse, he gets 4 attacks, even if he's not allowed to split attacks he still gets +1 attack fro being double-armed (don't ask me where the sense in this is).

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe because he can deflect attacks with his sword. Thus creating the advantage of more attacks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.