Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autarii, or Shades as they're better known, are the Dark Elves who live in the wilderness of Naggaroth. I've never seen an army done of them and I think it would be a challenge. They're basically Wood Elves in their woodland skill, but still Druchii in their hate mongering, vengeful way of life, so I'd like to model them approriately. I was thinking of using the Shades, Assassins, and maybe a Manticore from the DE line, Shadow Warriors from the HE range, and maybe some of the new Wood Elf miniatures, modelled accordingly or course. How should I go about making them look rustic and woodsy?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try some of these ideas

1. You could add skulls or bones to your bases to make them look more menacing

2. Add DE stuff to some of the Wood Elf minis like DE weapons or armor

3. Paint them in dark colors (Might work)

Thats all I can think of :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea Facade, I like where your heads at. Color wise I'm thinking dark earth tones. I have some spare HE bits around, so they'll make up the base work. The fluff behind that will be that the Autarii hunted down a large HE raiding force. Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
289 Posts
how about converting Eternal Guard out of Dark Elf warriors? reposition a few of the spears so they are two-handed and add a second spear-head on the bottom end, add plastic wood elf capes, maybe a different helm and you're done.

i'd actually paint them grey tones, paint the dryads black with dark grey highlights and red eyes. I really don't see the area around naggaroth to be the most fertile land available, i figure its fairly dead. Might want to check the art in the Dark Elf army book.

Your wild riders might ought to be on Cold ones,

Try filing off the khaine symbol from the Witch elves and make them your wardancers (might want to resculpt their hair too, maybe calm it down a little)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.