Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was skeptical at first about a game that features you and your car as as an rpg.

I was a beta tester for the soon ( if not already ) defunct 'Earth and Beyond' mmorpg featuring you and your spaceship in an rpg setting, and it didn't work out too well.

But as facts started slipping out, futuristic, post apocolyptic, barren wastleands, lots of action, awesome weapons, super graphics.....it's starting to look pretty damn cool!

I have to admit I'm getting fired up waiting for this title!

Here's a link to some screens shots:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/autoassault/index.html

I am going to go broke buying all the pc games I want this year!

·
Son of LO
2,574 Posts
The reason that Earth and Beyond failed miserably is because of EVE Online. If you spend just a week playing EVE, then you'll understand that there can hardly ever be another "space based" rpg that will last long. It's just too incredible.

·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H0urg1ass said:
The reason that Earth and Beyond failed miserably is because of EVE Online. If you spend just a week playing EVE, then you'll understand that there can hardly ever be another "space based" rpg that will last long. It's just too incredible.
E & B did such a bad job that it turned me against the whole concept of rpg in space.

Is EVE really that good?

I keep getting offers to try it for 2 weeks free, I may just take them up on it next time I see one.

For now though, D & D online and Auto Assault look like the next mmorpg's that I actually feel like spending a monthly fee on ( although since I respect your opinion I'll give EVE a chance to sell itself to me ) who knows, I may end up with 3 mmorpg's!

Oh man is my wife gonna kill me! :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.