Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time i try to load my avatar picture it says invalid file what do i do to load my photo without getting error?

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Hey dude,

I'm sure it's no big deal, but this is probably something more for the Site Feedback and Support forum - which we totally have. Here, check it out!

Site Feedback and Support

And I'm sure if you ask nicely, a Mod will be happy to come along and kick this thread over to the proper forum. That being said, I'll start with the first round of silly questions.

Are you using the right format? (Should be .bmp or .jpeg/.jpg)
Are the files the right size? (Usually about 96-100 pixels square will do)
Are you uploading this from your computer or from a host site? (Host sites usually work out better for me personally, oddly enough)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive tried to load the file from Mircosoft doc., Google images, actule websites, my images and none of these will work.

·
859 Posts
Can you post a link to the picture you are trying to use? If you have it on Photobucket for example or a picture hosting site.

Using a picture from someone elses' website is generally frowned upon if it's not your site and you don't have permission as it counts against using their bandwidth.

I'm not entirely sure why you wanted to upload a .doc file, that's a completely different animal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to upload doc file so i can edit my image size. its of a model i did.

·
859 Posts
You'll have to edit it on your own pc and upload the final result. You can't alter an image once it's uploaded as an avatar. It needs to be a jpeg, bmp or gif.

If you are trying to link to a picture paste the link you're trying to use, it could be the image is the wrong size, format or you're using the wrong part of the link or an incomplete link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts