Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Eldar ages seem to be slightly vauge, but it seems to me they live at LEAST 10,000 if not killed. Take Eldrad, he tried to warn the Emperor of Horus and he was still alive to fight in the Armageddon war, 10,000 years or so later.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The real question is how many times are the regular "civilians" forced to take up their Guardian suits of armour throughout their life. Those Craftworlds that could run or avoid everything most of the time could be expected to have longer lifespans.

Very little fluff exists concerning how Eldar deal with living behind enemy lines or in Warp infested territory being forced to fight guerrilla operations (aka Altansar). If any members has any experience converting Eldar munitions manufactoriums and food storages i would love to hear from your opinions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Without being in some sort of fight or having to fend of the warp, I'd agree with at least 10,000 years...but average life expectancy is probably only a few hundred? Though on the topic of life expectancy and the comment about not much fluff on the Eldar Life expectancy, Does anyone know where I can find ALOT (and I mean ALOT) of fluff about the Eldar, especially their history - the more information, the better.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
188 Posts
What we do not know is how readily accessible are these constructions available to most Eldar. Granted, the books written by CS Goto are non canonical, but in Warrior Coven he mentioned that so much knowledge has been lost by the Eldar concerning the manipulation of Wraithbone Architecture such that high technology (for Eldar standards) has been rare.

·
Registered
131 Posts
they can still fight as wraithguard and wraithlords as well can't they? does that count as life? what is life? what is the meaning of life?

*ahem*

Sorry, couldn' help myself lol. Ummm...I don't think that fighting as a Wraithgaurd/Wraithlord counts as them being alive, as if I remember correctly the concept behind those is so an Eldar soldier can continue to fight AFTER DEATH. So I consider them to be a form of undead, which would mean they're not alive which means it would not count towards their life expectancy...

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
379 Posts
Or how bout Vect whos been alive since THE FALL!!! That is is a really really long time but he gets to eat souls and stuff to keep him brisk and youthful.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well yes, I do believe that Wraithbone is living matter, but it is the DEAD Eldars spirit that guides it I do believe...yet again, I think that it's more undead than anything, whihc would mean they are not alive. Some might say the "live on in spirit, inside a Wrathguard/Wraithlord to continue the fight fo rthe Eldar" but I still see it as them being dead, just their spirits helping the Eldar cause. But truth be told I couldn't honestly say without some serious research and lots of information lol.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
139 Posts
i could have sworn that i read somewhere that the average life span of the average eldar was something like 1,000 years, but without any of my books i couldnt say for sure so dont hold me on that =p

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the codex it sais the "the Eldar commonly survivng for over a thousand years before old age overtakes them". Do i take that to mean a thousand before they die or a thousand before the start to wither? and dont the farseers live longer as they crystalise.

When a eldar soul dies it goes into the infinity curcuit so they dont really truly die because anyone who has died after the fall lives on in the infinity curcuit.

oh and the necron codex has loads on the eldar race as a whole and there history ect.

·
Registered
356 Posts
In the codex under the dome of crystal seers.

Reactions: inquisitor_coteaz
1 - 18 of 18 Posts