Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw Avatar last night and it was incredible. I couldn't help but notice that the 'horses' that they ride look very 'Slaaneshi' with long anteater like heads, vibrant colors, and smooth skin just like the mounts that the Seekers ride. They do have 6 legs instead of 2 however, but I think this could be overlooked. Anyways, I present the McDonald's Happy Meal Direhorse!

Mattel also makes one but it's probably too big and it's $15 so it's more time, effort, and money than just finding an old Seeker model online somewhere.

What do you think? I would think these Happy Meal toys would start popping up on Ebay sometime soon or on your local Craigslist.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
A neat idea, but you'll probably find that getting enough of them to make a unit of seekers is going to be as expensive (or more) as buying warhammer fantasy horses (or skeletal horses) on ebay.

However, that would make a kick-ass mount/chariot for a herald, as it would look more impressive than the normal seekers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good idea for the heralds, especially with the chariots as you could easily get away with the 'greater' than 50% rule that GW has for official tournaments if you use a High Elf/O&G/Chaos Warrior Chariot and Daemonette. I might try this first as I plan on using at least one of my HQ spots for heralds, one of which will be a Slaaneshi chariot. My Demon army is a WIP as most of my models are just carry-overs from the 4th edition CSM list - as it stands now my list is not very varied or exciting, let alone competitive. Seekers are a decent ways down on my list of stuff to acquire at the moment as I already have some Flesh Hounds for Fast Attack and I need to finish up my "Spider" Fiend conversions.

If you do a 'completed listings' search on Ebay (only for Ebay members so I won't link directly) it looks like the 'happy meal direhorse' figures are going for $2 plus $2 shipping. The whole 6 figure set goes for $10 to $15 shipped. Here's the link for the normal search for current items. I don't think that's unreasonable - a complete Seeker should be able to be built for around $5 or $6 depending on where you source your parts and what type of deals you get.
----------
I just picked one up for $3.59 shipped. I'll report back on the size and suitability for 40k when it arrives and post up a pic comparing it to some other 40k models for scale purposes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually have one of the McDonalds toys (the horse one) and it is really really big to be used in a warhammer game.

I'm not joking, the base to the top of the head is bigger than a dreadnought, and it's as long as a chariot base. They are big toys.

Edit: They do light up though, which is cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.