Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend plays Blood Angels and he just read the codex a while ago. He says that he can have a squad of however many Death Company pre assigned just like a normal squad for 0 pts. As soon as I heard for 0 pts i demanded to see the codex, as anyone would. When i consulted him on the "Randomly Generated Death Company" rule, he said he did not have to. Meaning he got to pick how many guys were in his death company and they were all free. Basically im asking...

How the heck does that random death company rule work?!?!

Do you pay for a normal army. Then before you start roll to see who forms the death company or what...cuz i know hes mixed up somehow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The death company rule is that you roll a d6 for each squad on a 123 no death company come, on a 45 1 person will come and on a 6 you get 1 plus you roll again with the same format. however, if you are using a death company chaplain you do this but you ad d3+3 to your death company

So you cannot choose how much death company you get .

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Heh if you got to choose how many death company you could get.... then that would be the most powerful army out there in the universe. But what he said is correct. Heh BA needs a new dex. not like we are going to see one anytime soon though,

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU! He was planning to have like a 20 person Death Company for 0 pts, scared the CRAP outa me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another question about the BA Death Company...When you roll that a model goes to the death company, do you remove a model from that squad and a model to the Death Company, or do you just add another model?

thanks for answering my questions

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok reading ur questions it's basically like this then, if you do get a roll of say 4 or 5, you have to remove the model from the squad you got it from, and place a death company WYSIWYG model. on a 6 you do the same thing except this model can have a benefit of the equipment upgrades cuz the model that happened to be taken out happens to be a veteran sergent.. then u get to do the same thing again. Now everytime i play i get so many ppl say things to me when i bring my death company that when i play a 5 man squad and 1 person is succumb to the Black Rage and joins the DC, that my now 4 squad unit cant play cause it needs to be 5 man strong... answer me this, is this illegal or what?

·
Registered
214 Posts
koth31 said:
another question about the BA Death Company...When you roll that a model goes to the death company, do you remove a model from that squad and a model to the Death Company, or do you just add another model?

thanks for answering my questions
You remove that model from the squad, and add a DC model to the DC squad.
If your friend plays his cards right, and adds vets to all of his squads, he might be able to get some power weapons/fists in there!

HPA

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea but he said he wasnt gonna do that. Lucky me, lol. Thanks for clearing that up, also, If he has Death Company models left over because maybe he rolled low in assigning his DC, would they automatically join the squad? Cuz he said they would.:wacko:

Basically anything he says about his DC im asking you guys about. Haha.

·
Registered
328 Posts
koth31 said:
Yea but he said he wasnt gonna do that. Lucky me, lol. Thanks for clearing that up, also, If he has Death Company models left over because maybe he rolled low in assigning his DC, would they automatically join the squad? Cuz he said they would.:wacko:

Basically anything he says about his DC im asking you guys about. Haha.

No. Once he is complete in assigning DC by the random rolls (including the D3+3 he gets if he buys a Chaplain), any extra DC models he has are simply not used.

I would borrow his codex and read it very carefully before you play. Know your enemy better than he knows himself. Good overall tactical advice, but will also keep him from getting away with anything tricksy.

Valerian

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate it guys

·
Registered
602 Posts
mental note

technically, if he doesn't have enough DC models to "convert" the marines in his force to DC, he looses any extras...

EG -
if he owns 10 Death Company models,
and 12 of his tactical marines become Death Company
then he looses 2 models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts