Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i decided, after the way Chaos is going, i want a list with speed. So, heres what i got :)

HQ
Farseer
Doom

Elites
10 Howling Banshees
Exarch
Executioner
Wave Serpent
Spirit Stones
Bright Lances
Vectored Engines

Troops
10 Dire Avangers
Exarch
Twin Catapults
Bladestorm
Wave Serpent
Spirit Stones
Bright Lances

Fast Attack
Vyper
2 Shuriken Cannons

Vyper
2 Shuriken Cannons

Heavy Support
Falcon
Scatter Laser
Spirit Stones
Holo Fields

Now this is me at 1024 points, i need another troops choice. Im undecided on what to take however... :(

I want another combat unit, im actually thinking of Scorpions. Thoughts anyone?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Really cant fault what you have already.

How about resolving your assault and troop squad in one go? storm guardians

(dont like Scorps in this role, lacking FOF people have the chance to evade them as they come out the serpents)

Would have thought you can squeeze a storm guardian squad with 2 flamers and a lock in a serpent and possibly another falcon in there

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really cant fault what you have already.

How about resolving your assault and troop squad in one go? storm guardians

(dont like Scorps in this role, lacking FOF people have the chance to evade them as they come out the serpents)

Would have thought you can squeeze a storm guardian squad with 2 flamers and a lock in a serpent and possibly another falcon in there
Ah cheradanine, the man with the plan!

Now question #1, where can i put my farseer? maybe a slogging squad of guardians?

Ok then lets see what i can do:

11 Storm Guardians
2 Fusion Guns
Warlock
Enhance
Wave Serpent
Spirit Stones
Bright Lance

Im not really for a second Falcon, not my style :p

Now.... what else could i fit in? I want another Assaulty squad but i dunno whe-

*lightbulb*

Harlequins maybe?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Ah cheradanine, the man with the plan!

Now question #1, where can i put my farseer? maybe a slogging squad of guardians?

Ok then lets see what i can do:

11 Storm Guardians
2 Fusion Guns
Warlock
Enhance
Wave Serpent
Spirit Stones
Bright Lance
hmm, prefer flamers in there, the serpent and the lock can both take tanks, (in fact would probably go for shuriken or star cannons on the serpent to thin out infantry) and the serpent needs vectored engines, but the advantages with stormies is people dont consider them much of a threat, however with a warlock with embolden they hit harder than marines, or can be used on a drive by, 2 flamers and 18 pistol shots.

think I would stay away from foot sloggers, they really dont fit with the army theme.

Farseer is at his best dooming targets for the banshee charge, may be wise to give him a bike so he can do this
Im not really for a second Falcon, not my style :p

Now.... what else could i fit in? I want another Assaulty squad but i dunno whe-

*lightbulb*

Harlequins maybe?
again foot harleys wouldnt fit, you could go for a 6 strong squad (well 5 and a shadow seer) in the falcon, but would consider spiders instead

Shining spears and an Autarch would also fit quite well with the army, but they do need a suitable target

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey, what point level are you angling for? I'll assume 1500.

In games that are determined by points killed, transports are separate from the squad for victory purposes (and cannot claim objectives). So, the howling banshees 182, and the wave serpent 165 (total 347). The Avengers are 152, plus the 165 transport (total 307). Your totals are wrong, anyway, so far, you are at 1009.

EML for the wave serpent gives them better anti-infantry for those occasions that you face a no-tank list; the only thing you lose is penetration above armor 12; and how many tanks have 13+ side armor? Saving those points twice is very useful, no?

You need a second troop to be a valid list. Drop one Vyper (and go to EML) and you can put in a minimal squad of guardians, or 7 more D.A. (less with an exarch) in 1000. For 1500 you can seriosly buff out.

In a 1500 list, you could toss in a second full DA squad (footslog PW/shimmer & defend, 162 pts), then a shining spears squad (4+X Star lance & withdraw, 227). They can really avoid CC by everything but the very fastest stuff. Then, top it all off with a Farseer with stones, doom & fortune, to join the footslog DA and make them twice as resilient. This whole kit comes in at 1498.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts