Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at how minatures use to come!!!

I recall 2 swooping hawks being like 5.50 when i started out, and exarchs were 6.50 and came with a normal warriors too!!!

I cant imagine the deal youd get on these back in the day!
Warhammer 40K Eldar Swooping Hawks x5 New in Blister - eBay (item 290332806975 end time Jul-26-09 15:44:06 PDT)

Also, here is a good set that use to be out. was same price as a reg falcon.

Warhammer 40K ELDAR GUARDIANS w/ FALCON TANK Boxed Set - eBay (item 320400657746 end time Jul-25-09 08:29:10 PDT)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just lemme know when you see one of those 250$ (cdn) Eldar Boxes, i could really use one of those. ;)

But 5 Swooping Hawks in one blister? wow.

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts
When I started out (2002), Guardians came 16 to a box, and cost $35. Farseers were $9, and Aspect warriors were two for $10 with the Exarch in a separate blister for $10. Rangers were three for $12. Paints were like $2.50 for regular, and $3 for metallic. The Codex was $15, but then again, it was only like 68 pages.

Most of our models have nearly double in price over the last 7 years, but surprising our metal aspect warriors have either not risen in price (Dark Reapers/Warp Spiders), or have gotten cheaper. Not too often you see GW prices getting lower lol!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just wish they had a little more uniform pts-to-$ for infantry (Orks. :tremble:). But at least you can get a whole unit of most Eldar squads in one box. I really liked the Apocalypse promo boxes where you could get three tanks at once.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aye, I remember the days when the guardian box set was $32 (CaD) for 16 guys, and that came with the parts to make storm guardians if you wanted. However, I don't think that came with a heavy weapon, and those were another $15ish so maybe in the end it sort of balances out.

I do wish you could get packs of 10 stormies though, selling them in packs of 8 really discourages people from including them in their armies I think.

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
I remember when almost every Troops set came in boxes of 16 or 20 and they were about half the price they are now...

Certainly, GW's prices have risen ridiculously since I started playing 10 years ago.

~ DiW

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
I remember when almost every Troops set came in boxes of 16 or 20 and they were about half the price they are now...

Certainly, GW's prices have risen ridiculously since I started playing 10 years ago.

~ DiW
Inflation welcomes you :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just lemme know when you see one of those 250$ (cdn) Eldar Boxes, i could really use one of those. ;)

But 5 Swooping Hawks in one blister? wow.

Are you talking about the newest now out of print eldar army boxes with 20 guardians, wrath lord, falcon, 5 jetbikes, and like 10 DA??

I was lucky and got the eldar box before that which had the limited autarch, 6 banshees, 6 dragons, falcon, 10 da, 10 guardians, wrathlord,and vyper. Of course i use barely any of thsoe now.

Anyone remember when they had a seperate army box for EACH craftworld!!???? god i wish theyd re release those, with at least a 50$ discount.

Or give us a better battle force.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Are you talking about the newest now out of print eldar army boxes with 20 guardians, wrath lord, falcon, 5 jetbikes, and like 10 DA??
Na there was a mega force, similar to what Chaos and SM have. But I've only seen it twice and never since. It's not new at all. Late 3rd, early 4th Ed. if I remember the time period correctly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thats the one!

I was seriously considering collecting CSM because they still have thier mega force in print.

and the regular battleforce... 5 DA? Whos amazing idea was that....

Edit: I thought the last Eldar Megaforce come out with thier last codex. But i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
218 Posts
That box set is no longer made? That's what I bought when I first started playing Warhammer like 1 1/2 or 2 years ago. It has been quite useful.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The point remains, it contains 20 Guardians. Guardians are useless.

~ DiW
Agreed. If they werent so anti metal in their army boxes now they could at least give us storm guardians. And its no secret, mech eldar is the way to go, if they want to make some serious money, they should make amech eldar box set with like 2 wave serpeants, 10 storm guardians w/warlock, a farseer, 2 prisms, DA and banshees. that would sell like crazy, plus then i could actually recommend some big box to new gamers. as opposed to the constant, GET IT ON EBAY!!! response.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, Id love a nice mega box. I prefer getting my models in bulk and slowly chewing away at it.
Anyone looked at the Chaos megaforce? its pretty decent. 2x troops w/ transport, an HQ, and a fair selection of heavys and elites.
Wish i could get something like that for Eldar, preferably with DA instead of Guardians ;)

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
I don't even like Storm Guardians! Every kind of Guardian is nothing to me, I field Dire Avengers and Dire Avengers alone!

~ DiW

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
they should make amech eldar box set with like 2 wave serpeants, 10 storm guardians w/warlock, a farseer, 2 prisms, DA and banshees. that would sell like crazy, plus then i could actually recommend some big box to new gamers. as opposed to the constant, GET IT ON EBAY!!! response.
No I like being the only Eldar player in a majority of tournaments :( Support Orks go go!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is fun. many opponenets do not have alot of experience against eldar opponents.

I play against SM, CSM, and Tau all the time, id welcome any other army for a change!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts