Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

Since I prefer using a King/Prince on foot, I thought Id throw this out there. Theres background in the book when it comes to his chariot - it burried in there with him, ready for him to stride into battle, but what about on foot? If it's burried with him, why would a King ever fight on foot?

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Perhaps your Lord has motion sickness...

More seriously, perhaps he:
  • can better command his forces from the center
  • has an emotional connection to one particular unit (TG, etc...)
  • believes the chariot will leave him too exposed

Remember, the Kings and Princes retained their personalities and independence. Any reason that would work for a living general would work for them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A true king would want to be in the middle of all the chaos! By being on foot he gets a front row seat of the carnage being dealt by his always obediant soldiers. I know if I was strength 7 (with a GW) and could deal out 4 attacks to most peoples 1 I would want to be in the trenches causing pain!!

Lanny May

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I guess it's isn't too hard to think of a 'excuse' for not using the chariot. Maybe he's saving it for a bigger battle, or it could have perished in a previous battle. But better yet, perhaps he wants access to the most powerful weapon in Khemri, and its too cumbersome to weild in his chariot - the Destroyer of Eternities.

And Lannyman, you're not even strenth 7? That changes everything:p

Regards, Tim

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Maybe your King is just the sentimental type, and he doesnt wont his Chariot damaged in any way, or it could have been more of an ornate thing in life, used for Ceremonies and Chariot races rather than War

·
Registered
268 Posts
Here is the idea that i came up with.

His great war chariot buried within his tomb awaiting the eternal afterlife where he can ride with his imperishable body for all eternity. Therefore he will not sully his chariot in this half existence and will await true eternity to once again mount up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.