Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I like yellow alot, but this is my second tub of Bad Moon, and it sucks. It won't cover anything at all. It is super clear and runny, I have even tried mixing it with sticks and crap and that does nothing except lose half my paint to the stick.

I have tried painting the area white first, and then adding yellow. I have tried 10 plus coats of yellow! But still it is transparent and weird. What do I do?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Try another brand. GW yellow doesn't cover anything, and if you buy Vallejo or something you may be pleasantly surprised. Their yellow DOES work.

I hear you can buy thickener too, from art shops, but why bother?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Well, you could try a base of golden yellow (which in my experience is fairly thick(compared to bad moon yellow)) then apply the bad moon on top.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The_Outsider said:
Well, you could try a base of golden yellow (which in my experience is fairly thick(compared to bad moon yellow)) then apply the bad moon on top.
Yeah thats what i was about to suggest.

The only time i have used Bad Moon Yellow has been as a highlight for my golden or sunburst yellow and it worked pretty well for me.So id definately try that out and see the result.

But painting that tone of yellow straight over white would be very hard. Work your way up from brown to a mid ton yellow and then paint on the bad moon and see if that works.

Other than that you could have dodgy paint lol.

Good Luck, hope you find something that works out for you ;)

Cheers,
Tycho

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have found all of games workshops yellows to be somewhat lackluster.

When I used yellow (I used it once on my beastlord) I did this - it turned out ok -
Start off with graveyard earth, layer on a 66:33 mix of graveyard earth/selected yellow, layer on a 33:66 of graveyard earth/selected yellow, then layer on the yellow itself.

As browns are kinda yellowey themselves the paint should be fine. The drawback to this is that I got a fairly dark yellow (not that I minded, as it was on a beastman, and a bright shiney yellow would look out of place).

It does take forever and a day to do, however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts