Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, looking for some input or help balancing a special character I'm coming up with. He's a chaos lord, undivided, with Terminator armour and a daemon weapon. Thing is, daemon weapon is a possessed thunder hammer! Basically treat it as a regular SM thunder hammer, except that it has D6 attacks and wounds the lord on a 1. No storm shield or anything, in case anyone is thinking I want a Chaos Lysander or something.

So I'm wondering what kind of rules should work against him for balance, ideal pt cost (thinking 175, which is Term. lord + daemon weapon + thunder hammer), or if you think the 'striking at initiative 1/suffers on a roll of 1' thing is balance enough.

·
4,967 Posts
That doesn't seem overpowered to me. Undevided would have given his daemon weapon +1S. Is this still in effect making him S9?

When not charging he gets 5.83 attacks per turn compared to 3 (4 with PW+pistol). Compared to MoK and PF which always gives 4 attacks he costs a bit more and has the disadvantage of rolling a 1.

He also strikes at initiative 1 which looses him the main advantage of HQ characters - initative 5. 3 terminators each with a PF cost 120 points and have similar attacks.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Why not just buy him a Chain/Powerfist and Mark of Khorne and avoid the self injury all together?

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Or play him as a Counts-As Abbadon, who has a Strength 8 Daemon Weapon and gets to swing at Initiative? (Initiative 6, no less!)

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I think the Slaaneshi DW is the way to go. I know it's useless against vehicles but it still has the "instadeath" property of a thunder hammer. Getting the drop on other characters doesn't hurt, either.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's more of a fluff thing than a game thing. And I really like the idea of the 'makes everyone who survives getting hit strike at Initiative 1' thing too. But it's good to know he's still balanced, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts