Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldars uniform colour is supposed to be Ice blue, but I'm not sure what colour to start with. On guardians and the like I have normally no problems with painting Ice blue directly (have done it earlier on other models), but on big flat areas (such as the tanks and jetbikes) I find it pretty hard. I'm thinking a bit about Mordian blue, would that work or does anyone have other ideas? ...Or will I have to buy a spray gun?:teeth:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With that light a colour an airbrush would help. A lot.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Not very used to that kind of tool, but you learn as long as you live.
Otherwise, start with darker blues (foundation colour, asurmen blue is it?) and get a bucket-load of patience. ;)
Asurmen blue is the wash, mordian blue is the foundation. Will have both tomorrow, might have to experiment a little. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, I'll try that out! So far I have used black, but white might be better. The only problem with white undercoat would be that some parts are supposed to be painted black, but as I said earlier, I don't have problem with the colour on all models... So I shouldn't have to spray everyone white...

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you paint some white and some black, you will notice a difference in the colors between 2 figures.. White allows bright colors to go on easier, and it is easier to cover white with black, as opposed to covering black with white.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A Spray Gun works wonders when dealing with vehicles. I shudder to think how long it would of taken by hand to base and main coat the Two Falcons, Three Wave Serpents and a Fire Prism I did with the gun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.