Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, new to WH40k... and looking for some advice.

In base-coating any miniature, what is the process you guys use?

I mean, do you just use a spray base-coat and let that dry, THEN begin painting over that? Or do you brush on the base-coat at all?

Spraypainting the base-coat on seems to be much easier, but does the paint hold up to being painted over and resit flaking...?

Thanks.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Spray the suckers...

It's a complete waste of time to hand-paint the base coat. By spraying you can undercoat 100 minis in less time than it would take to undercoat 1 by hand.

Once the minis are dry you can always give the parts that the spray missed (there are always some) a little touch by hand.

To sum up: NEVER base coat by hand! It's a waste of time and paint and your brush will get worn and ruined by it in the long run.

-Rob

·
Registered
290 Posts
No kidding. Specailly for tanks. Forgot to buy my DA green with my razorback. Man that was a pain to do once i got it primed.

Even if you 'base coat' by had at least use a generic spray on primer, it really does make a difference (since i didn't used to prime models early on I can say this with experience, PRIMER HELPS!)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hehe... I remember when I dropped my figures in my colors in the beginning b4 I didn't find these wonderful sprays... And remember: While spraying, keep a GREAT distance from them, don't just keep the spray bottle like 1 cm from them... ;)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Heck with my old army I couldn't use sprays for the colour (the Undivided parts were Night Lords), it was not funny having to paint every vehicle (including LR) by hand! Wait... I still have that problem with my IW...:cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.