Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi well after reading how your guys thoughts of bases, plus my friends and I have finally decided that the tabel will be snow fall. Which leads me to this question how do you guys add flock some say pva glue, others say use differnt types of glue. So what do you use mind you i will be using snow flock

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm lazy as heck, so I just stick to plain old white school glue, slap it onto the base, and dip the base into the tub of flock. I tend to water it down the teensiest bit so it doesn't end up in huge lumps. It ends up clear, so it should work with either grass or snow flock.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I prefer using super glue or the equivalent. I have found that over time white glue tends to loose its bond witht he plastic and the base will start separating. With super glue it won't.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
If you are planning on doing snow base, I think PVA glue (white glue aka school glue) will be your only choice. First you need to find some sort of white-ish powder to act as your snow medium, mix that with a couple droplet of PVA glue.. then you just take a beat-up paint brush and paint the "snow mixture" onto the base.. how much of the amount to apply onto the base is your choice, if you want a thick snow base then put on a big blob. It's pretty easy :p

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I would still recommend super glue for gluing down flock or other stuff to the base...

At any rate for snow - here is what I do:

I use Techstar snowflakes (an excellent product!) but you can use GW's snow, Woodland scenics, or even baking powder.

Mix some powder with PVA (white) glue and add a few drops of water. You want to mix it to where the consistency is like a thin pancake batter.

Apply it with a beat up crappy brush, tooth pick or anything else that will be helpful.

I have found with snow - to get a really nice coverage you usually have to apply 2 layers as it tends to dry flat. Also on the last layer I take some of the powder and sprinkle it on top to get a nice fresh snow fall to it.

Cheers,

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.