Librarium Online Forums banner

Basesize

536 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  diablo shocker 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I have the following problem.

I assume, that a model has to be used with the base it was delivered. Smaller Bases can have an adavanteg. I just got this Nurgle General...

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110201137&orignav=13

and now wonder if he really has to be used on the 50 mm base. I read somewhere, that characters on a deamonic mount use the big base, but I want to place him on an "ordinary" Nurgle horse...

What do you guys think?

Thx,

Lion

#2 ·
If it is a regular horse you can use the standard cavarly base, but if you use daemonic mount you have to use the larger base. IT has to be clear that it's a regular horse though, best is to have it both in the armylist and tell your opponent before the gamestarts to avoid any arguments about it.
Now, I am not 100% on this, but, IIRC you can use larger bases for your minis but not smaller ones, worth to consider.

#3 ·
Vindkall said:
Now, I am not 100% on this, but, IIRC you can use larger bases for your minis but not smaller ones, worth to consider.
We've had this argument before, I opened a massive can of worms when I wondered if I could get away with using 20mm bases for my Marauders rather than 25mm ones. Some agreed it was okay, some didn't. Point is, those that didn't were of the opinion that I would be abusing the rules if I did (because I'd have more models in combat than I was 'supposed' to.

However, the rules can sometimes be abused if you use a larger base than the model is supposed to have. For instance, consider a chaos character with the Beserker Sword. The more models he is in base contact with, the more extra attacks he gains. So by your reckoning, someone could simply stick the character on a 50mm monster base and be in contact with loads more models than he was ever intended to be.

Best just stick with the base the model is meant to be on. For guidance, please see (and download) this list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.