Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned on making fancy pants cork bases for all my Rackham figures to be used in Hybrid, but it just occured to me that if I wanted to use them in Rag'Narok or Confrontation that I'd be totally screwing myself if I made figures taller because of line of sight rules. What does everyone think of this? Does it keep anyone else from getting more elaborate with bases?

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
You could build the bases so that you could take the mini with a normal base off of the elaborate one and then put it back when the game is over. You know just cut a normal base sized hole in the elaborate one and place the mini in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Aesthetics first! Once you've got some nice-looking, fantastically based figures, then worry about how to play them... just find some taller terrain! If you're going to be happier with "fancy pants cork bases," then do it! After all - the game might liast a few hours, but those models will be on your shelf forever.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Should't the size of the mini be based on the mini itself, not the base it stands on? GW has a rule that says that line of sight should be checked from a body of figure to the body of the target, and not to sticking out standard banners, spikes and generally understood "beautifiers" as not to penalize players for creative modding of their figures. Does your game have something like that?

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
Commander Y said:
Aesthetics first! Once you've got some nice-looking, fantastically based figures, then worry about how to play them... just find some taller terrain! If you're going to be happier with "fancy pants cork bases," then do it! After all - the game might liast a few hours, but those models will be on your shelf forever.
I agree with this 100%. Do what you want as for looks. I am sure the height difference is minimal to begin with and if need be you could probably instill a "house rule" to correct for any height differences.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Boiiing!
1,392 Posts
GW has a rule that says that line of sight should be checked from a body of figure to the body of the target,
That may be, but in Rackham games the rules are different.

Personaly, I would go with looks over gameplay ^_^ Or could you do a fancy base around the feet without actually raising the model up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts