Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I bought the 40k Basing Kit. It's really awesome, with the bits for basing that I've always wanted, but I ran into one thing...

How do you attach the brass etchings to anything? Also, what can you even use them for? I can see how the mesh etching as well as the aquilas can be used. But the cogs? And the thing with bullet holes? Or the things between the skullplates and the bullet hole things? What are they even supposed to be? Can you help me by giving some examples for its use? Thanks!

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Your best bet is to use superglue to attach the etching to your bases.

What quite alot of the bits on there represent are things like floor tiles, emblems and drains. If you are doing an urban themed army, or one that is fighting where buildings around, then these can be used to represent parts of that landscape. There are various ways to use them(more than I can ever think of!) but just sticking them on your bases, mayber covering half of it with the slate and paint them up to look light pieces of metal is an effective way. What I did with one of the pieces with bullet holes in them was to attack it with a pair of clippers, achieving a blown up, twisted metal effect;as if some shell or explosion tore it up.

While I cannot answer your questions fully(as I myself am still figuring out that sheet, lol), I hope this goes some way towards helping you =]

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I've seen someone take the bullet hole parts and put them on tanks
Those bullet hole parts are also good as just metal plates on the ground. They work only on large models that have alot of space on their base, they look like the remains of a tank or something. The cogs and other parts can just go on the bases too as wreckage.

Do the other parts in your basing kit smell like cat pee? Mine do, though the fantasy one does not smell of cat pee.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's no leaves in the kit I have, though. Is that another basing kit?

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
That's the Warhammer Fantacy basing kit Maverik is talking about. I'ts got the same kinda stuff in it, minus bullet holes and guns. It's got leaves instead of vehichle pannels and wire mesh.

Have fun!
-DDW

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I've seen various bits like cogs, bullet hole bits, etc. pressed into green stuff on bases. Basically, you cover the base with a lump of the stuff, then try to make it look like the bits in question are half-buried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts