Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, so I'm using Elmer's glue to base my minis. I find it does a decent job of holding the sand/rocks to the base, but over time, grains fall off here and there, and I'm tired of loose pebbles falling off while I'm painting the bases. I give the glue a day or so to dry, but I think I need to do more to ensure the rocks stick together. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've yet to try that. How does the Zap-Ca super glue hold? I've got some of it on me and I just used it on a spare base as a test. I wiped my finger and old brush across it and everything held together.

·
356 Posts
I base my minis before I undercoat, I use straight PVA, thick enough to see a solid white colour, drown it in rocks and sand and leave it in this drown state overnight, pour off the excess and then brush it with an old toothbrush to remove loose stuff, spray paint with you fav primer, done.
I dont have problems with sand falling off.

Bugbait out

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I had the same problem until I started painting the PVA glue on like other have said, after the sand is glued on. Works like a charm, especially after priming and painting.

Yeah, you can use superglue, but you'll go through a LOT of the stuff if you're basing an army, and you STILL might want to seal it afterward. MUCH cheaper to just use the regular PVA glue. Also, PVA glue dries clear. If you're like me, you'll occasionally get a bit of the glue on the model itself, and accidentally glue bits of sand to something's legs. With PVA glue, you can very easily pick those off afterward, as opposed to superglue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.