Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Boy, do I wish I had hung on to some of my old comic books my dad gave to me. He had a pile - not pristine condition, but perfect for a kid. There were numerous 'Detective Stories' from the 1940's that had Batman among others. From what I remember, the stories were among the first of Batman and I think looking back that the issues he had saved they were around the third or fourth installment going forward, but quite different that they Batman most everyone knows now.

In any case, I have enjoyed every reliving and retelling of Batman ever since...

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
One of my friends uncle found an old Batman comic in his basement and sold it for $8,000.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Off Topic - During my years as an artist, I had a friend give me a complete original 4 cell layover composite with the original background from the Simpsons when he had worked as an in-betweener for a short period on the show. It was from the Christmas special and had Bart, Lisa and Maggie in it. I sold it on Ebay for quite a penny a number of years ago.

But, hearing about your friends uncle, I really wish I had saved those old comics!!!

·
545 Posts
Fan... somewhat I guess. I read and watched more Batman than a lot of people I know, but I'm surely not a giant fan. People turn to me for Batman trivia every now and then... don't know if that makes me a fan, or if it makes those people lousy in some basic Batman knowledge.

Except for the Adam West show I've seen all those tv shows... I just couldn't manage to pull through those. I didn't like them as a kid, and they don't really em now... maybe it's the campy and less gritty thing that doesn't do it for me.

I enjoyed the some of those Frank Miller arcs (Year one & The dark knight returns) and then some (The long halloween, The killing joke & Hush). Oh; and the entire No man's land arc, that was pretty awesome.

Season 1 & 2 of The animated series were fine, after that.. meh. Beyond was a decent twist on Batman I thought. Oh, and those Arkham games. Those were great.

I should mention this appreciation for Batman actually started 5 months ago and caught up with pretty much everything Batman eversince.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, pretty big Batman fan.

Love the Burton films and the Adam West Batman. The recent ones were... okay.

From the launch of the New 52 I bought most of the Batman family comic titles up until around issue 20. Now it's just Batman and Harley Quinn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts