Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi folks, im a member in warseer forum ( ex portent) and they are builting a large marine chapter on warseer with each member contributing with a mini... i was given a tactical space marine to do, and since it has to be simple in order to fit inside plain tactical squad...

so i did a true scale marine and little details, not overthetop stuff, just plain tactical.

heres the result

·
907 Posts
the green stuff work isnt too bad, but.

the height of horse hair bit looks odd, & theres a blaring irregularity on the left hand side.

the circle and the tactical symbol dont blend in with the shoulder pads

and dude do something to the fingers of the left hand.

now as for the weapon this weapon would look better as a librarians force weapon rather than as a weapon for a bog standard tactical marine

the work that youve done is absolutely fantastic just some things let it down in my opinion but this is only my opinion.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Whoa, that pretty awesome. I think that it is a little over the top for a tactical marine though. Other than that, great job on the conversion!

--smguy

P.S. Where's you get the axe thingy? That thing s sweet.

·
1,037 Posts
an entire army of them would look amazing and if your converting skills are anything to go by then your painting of them would be excellent to it would be an army to be proud of.
see you in ten years when there done

·
Registered
309 Posts
see you in ten years when there done
I think there's a couple of hundred people at least involved in this, so it won't take all that long. Also I doubt all the marines will be this ornate.

But NAVARRO, please say your joking when you say he's a bog-standard tac marine. Because if can make standard marines that cool, how are you going to do your leaders?

·
Registered
93 Posts
WOW! Position or not, I think that conversion is awesome! Did you do all the green stuff work yourself? I'm downright stinkin envious! LOL! Keep up the awesome job. Love the pic too - shows tons of detail very clearly. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
217 Posts
I wondered who had done that conversion... then I saw the Buglands banner at the bottom. It's no wonder they call you Green Stuff God!

See you at the hive mind, and keep up the damn good work!

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Decado said:
the green stuff work isnt too bad, but.

the height of horse hair bit looks odd, & theres a blaring irregularity on the left hand side.

the circle and the tactical symbol dont blend in with the shoulder pads

and dude do something to the fingers of the left hand.

now as for the weapon this weapon would look better as a librarians force weapon rather than as a weapon for a bog standard tactical marine

the work that youve done is absolutely fantastic just some things let it down in my opinion but this is only my opinion.
headcrest is based on old greek helmet variant... a mix with http://www.robertsilvey.com/photos/uncateg...reek_helmet.jpg
and
http://www.bio.mtu.edu/courses/bl447/persp...3imgs/13_05.gif

with a bit of my input.(probably the crappy part)

the circle and the tactical symbol are not suposed to be blended ( for that i would just paint a freehand wich is fairly more easier for me)

whats wrong with fingers?

the weapon is probably one of the reasons i will get kicked from warseer chapter and you nailed it right the overall comments about libby vs tactical... personally if i would ever make a librarian in the future i garantee you that you would see the big diference between both... since im not into SM this one will have to do.

@smguy blade from fantasy orc sprue... and yes everyone says its overthetop but i have restrained myself ( i wanted cape, banner, diferent shoulderpads, more wires, bionic skull on backpack like predator weapon... etc) the thing is everyone has its own concepts, ideas and limits. doing something simpler than this would be something really not fun nor challenging... i tried a truescale and loved doing it. for me its only a tactical.( heck my troops for nids (genestealers) are tons more complicated than this and their just troops.)

@Steerpike cheers bug brother ;)

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Ahh.. Nav. Over the top maybe but were you given a set design to work to? I think people should have looked at your Nids to see your 'basic' work, they are mightily good you know? ;) That being said he does look a bit over the top for an ordinary marine, if he had a bolter and the halberd in one hand then maybe he could have worked.

But still a damn fine piece, I just honestly do not like the crest. The fact it looks like a broom stuck to his head and that it is held on in one place puts me off. If it was flush to the helmet then I may have thought differently.

But well done on a good piece, even if you do get kicked out you have a fine looking marine.

KU

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
indeed... i truly look at this one and apreciate the truescale convo work but the rest its just keep it low convo. but i also hear the majority of comments of others and understand the overthetop rotule.

One thing i noticed wen doing these is that marine armour makes them so bulky that they became very static (look like they took a punch in the head and shrinked), with the truescale work i was presented with all new positioning oportunities...

soon i will know if i will paint with warseer colors or my own freaky colors ;)

one thing for sure im back to nids hehe

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sorry to bring up this deceased thread but you, Navarro, cannot recieve pm's so I have to contact you this way. You answered my question about the axe somewhat, but I really need that for an upcoming conversion. Could you please specify where the axe came from? Thanks a bunch man!

--smguy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts