1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Battle for Aurora Prime
Warhammer 40k Campaign Information

What is the Battle for Aurora Prime?

The Battle for Aurora Prime is Librarium Online's first major Warhammer 40k campaign. This campaign is taking place worldwide; if you are a member of Librarium Online, you are automatically a participant if you choose to be!

The campaign features ten factions fighting to gain control over the planet Aurora Prime, with a few other planets and space features adding some spice into the mix. The campaign will be controlled by three major components: PVP, TCP and CVP.

PVP are Player Victory Points, which are earned by individual players by winning battles.
TCP are Territory Control Points, which are earned for a faction by players winning battles as Attackers.
CVP are Campaign Victory Points, which are earned by controlling territories, reaching control targets, winning battles and achieving additional objectives by means of special orders. CVP will be calculated at the end of every week, and will determine the faction that wins the campaign at the end.

Factions

There will be ten factions represented in the Battle for Aurora Prime, each with their own fluff objectives and stories. These factions and their number IDs are:

01) Chaos Space Marines
02) Chaos Auxilia (Chaos Daemons, traitor Imperial Guard)
03) Imperials (Imperial Guard, the Inquisition)
04) Tyranids
05) Eldar
06) Dark Eldar
07) Tau Empire
08) Space Marines
09) Necrons
10) Orks

Each faction is a separate entity in this campaign. There is a possibility for additional points to be earned via special orders for each faction, however for this to be possible each faction will need a faction commander, a player of that faction chosen from amongst the LO members of that subforum. See individual threads for more details!

Faction Threads

01) Chaos Space Marines
02) Chaos Auxilia
03) Imperials
04) Tyranids
05) Eldar
06) Dark Eldar
07) Tau Empire
08) Space Marines
09) Necrons
10) Orks

Campaign Basics

The Battle for Aurora Prime campaign will operate on a report-your-battles system based in the Private Messages here on Librarium Online. As detailed above, the campaign is won by having the most CVP (Campaign Victory Points), which are earned by a variety of methods.

There will be ten regular territories, each assigned to a particular faction with each other faction having a small foothold in that territory. There are an additional five uncontrolled special territories which can have a huge impact on the game via special orders and attacks ordered by your faction commander.

When fighting in a battle, you will need to decide who will be the Attacker and who will be the Defender of the battle in standard games (less than 3,000 points) as well as which territory to play in (more below). Play your scenario as normal, keep track of who the winner is. The Attacker should then inform the Defender of who to confirm their battle report to and then the Attacker should then report the battle to that same recorder. More information on the reporting process can be found below.

If an Attacker wins a battle against the Defender, the Attacker will gain TCP and PVP, with the Defender losing TCP in that specific territory. If there is a draw or a Defender win, the Defender will then gain PVP instead.

During the campaign you will strive to achieve territory control targets. If you achieve them and manage to hold on to them by the end of the campaign you will get a significant CVP boost. If you fail to achieve your control target you will simply be awarded CVP as if it was a normal end of week CVP awarding. The number is the amount of territories that each faction will have at that tier of control.

Apocalypse battles are classified as games of 3,000 points or more (even if you don't use the Apocalypse book for the battle). These are worked slightly differently and will award either faction PVP and TCP for a win; both players are considered Attackers. It is important to keep track of how many control points are held or contested by each player and include that information in your report, as both players earn PVP for holding or contesting these control points.

There are fifteen territories in all. The first ten share ID numbers with their corresponding controlling faction; these factions begin the campaign in control of these territories. The remaining five are uncontrolled special territories.

01) Northern Akos Frontier (Chaos Space Marines)
02) Hythun Prime (Chaos Auxilia)
03) Aurora City (Imperials)
04) Carag Jungle (Tyranids)
05) Eldar Webway Gate (Eldar)
06) Beta/CVF6 Habzone (Dark Eldar)
07) Alpha 55/X Habzone (Tau Empire)
08) Golvidis Heights (Space Marines)
09) Akos Tomb (Necrons)
10) Asteroid Fields (Orks)
11) Akos Prime
12) Tournmal
13) Akos East Coast
14) Cathedral of the Blessed Flame
15) Shipping Lanes

Reporting Battles​

The most important information for any player of this campaign is how to report your battles. Without your battle reports, there can be no campaign, so please read this section!

The Attacker should send a Personal Message here on LO to their designated recorder with the subject something similar to "Aurora Prime Report," etc. Recorders will be keeping track of all of your battle information, so it is especially important to make sure they get your PMs and for you to include ALL of the information needed. The information the recorders will need is:

1]**Attacker Name: (Your Forum Name Here)
2]* Attacker Faction: (Codex and Particular Warband/Crusade/Regiment/Etc)
3]* Defender Name: (Opponent's Forum Name or Name if non-forum member)
4]* Defender Faction: (Their Codex and Particular Warband/Crusade/Regiment/Etc)
5]* Battle Location: (Which Territory did you fight in? Where are you located in person?)
6]* Attacker win, draw or Loss: (Did the Attacker win, lose or draw?)
7]* Special Order Used: (State any Special Orders Given)
8]* Date and Time of Game Start: (Please Include your timezone)
10] Notable Events: (Give us your fluff!* Don't go too crazy, but tell us about the heroes and the villains of your game).

Battles may be fought between two non-LO members, but we reward battles between two LO members that are confirmed. A player who was a Defender can confirm a battle by sending a PM to the same recorder that the Attacker reported the battle to. Be sure to include information in that confirmation PM that will help the recorders figure out which battle report you are confirming! It is important to confirm battles for other players, because they will then feel more obliged to confirm them for you; keep that in mind if you're thinking about leaving this part out!

You may also only report battles in one of the ten controlled territories (#1-10), with the special territories having an alternative method for attacking.

Each faction report has a specific recorder to PM their battle reports to. Please report your battles via PM to:

Memnoch - Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Auxilia, Tau Empire, Tyranids, Necrons
xXClaret-PaulXx - Space Marines, Imperials, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks

Campaign Timeline​

Today, July 10th, marks the beginning of the Battle for Aurora Prime Warhammer 40k campaign here on Librarium Online. Battles fought today WILL count towards the first week's tallies, so feel free to begin!

The campaign will take place over the course of five weeks, with each regular campaign week beginning on Sunday. Reports will be accepted until the Saturday prior to the next campaign week at 12:00PM EST. Reports sent in after this time will be applied to the following campaign week.

There will be updates in fluff, art and some hints as to how each faction is faring in the campaign posted up early in the campaign week, based on the results of the battles and the calculations of TCP, PVP and CVP throughout each week, so be sure to check back in this subforum for more information every week!

Questions?​

If you have any questions, you may feel free to post in our Battle for Aurora Prime FAQ thread as well as send a PM to Lost Nemesis here on Librarium Online. It should take no more than one day to respond. Your answer may come in the form of a PM response or an additional post in the FAQ thread, so keep your eyes open here in the 40k LO Campaigns forum!

·
1,065 Posts
No one on LO lives near me. If it's a LO member vs a non-LO member then does it still count? Maybe i'll get him to join....

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
No one on LO lives near me. If it's a LO member vs a non-LO member then does it still count? Maybe i'll get him to join....
Yup, games still count, but there is a reward for an LO vs. LO.

Play your games as normal, then send your PM for both factions to us recorders and well sort it out!

The more games we can get recorded the better! :)

·
The Allmighty Chaos Boots
814 Posts
A few hints about the control points since we are still a few faction commanders short.

Each faction has 100 territory control points in their starting territory.
Each faction has 20 Control points in every other territory.

When you run out of control points in a territory you can no longer attack that territory without a special scenario available on request by faction commander to Process by PM.

·
814 Posts
roll for attacker defender as per campaign rules then play BFG and report it just as if it would have been a normal game. if winning conditions are unclear make some up before the game I'm not familiar with BFG scenarios and missions. Vis Q can probably answer any further questions better than me.

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Quick request, the bit that people copy and paste to send to me regarding battle reports, any chance you could change the brackets to square brackets or such like, as all the reports I've recieved so far have been full of unwanted smilies!

Cheers :):p:)8)

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What about Vassal battles? Between LO memberS?
Check out the stickied FAQ thread here in this same subforum; both of those questions have been answered. Cheers!

edit: For the sake of our recorders, I edited the parenthesis out of the battle report section and replaced them with brackets. Feel free to continue to copy/paste for your reports!

·
2,399 Posts
Apocalypse battles are classified as games of 3,000 points or more (even if you don't use the Apocalypse book for the battle). These are worked slightly differently and will award either faction PVP and TCP for a win; both players are considered Attackers. It is important to keep track of how many control points are held or contested by each player and include that information in your report, as both players earn PVP for holding or contesting these control points.
I'm about to enter a apocalypse "friendly tournament" - 2000 point each, assigned game per game doubles, circa one game a week, circa 6x games.
Can I use these games for a report?
Can I use planetstrike games? that's the other games I'm likely to currently play (admittedly to test the waters)

·
814 Posts
stayscrunchyinmilk so basically it will be (1k + 1k) vs (1k +1k) or variations thereof? Then like LN said report as apocalypse and reap the harvest of doom :) If you are running apocalypse both sides are considered attackers if you use standard 40k missions don't for get to roll for which team gets to be attacker. Good luck.

·
1,059 Posts
Ok looked around and probably just missed the answer to my question. I often times end up playing 2 v 1 or 2 v 2 and even sometimes run the broken alliance game from the brb this ends up with some rather odd combinations (chaos demons and eldar against chaos space marines and space marines? ). Should I report these? And if so how would they be scored? Just based on if I win loose or will the other armies get points?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok looked around and probably just missed the answer to my question. I often times end up playing 2 v 1 or 2 v 2 and even sometimes run the broken alliance game from the brb this ends up with some rather odd combinations (chaos demons and eldar against chaos space marines and space marines? ). Should I report these? And if so how would they be scored? Just based on if I win loose or will the other armies get points?
Team games will operate as if Apocalypse games, with both teams acting as attackers. The territory control points (TCP) will be shared between team members, so if you win a game of 2 vs. 2, each team member will gain half of the available TCP. The same applies if you lose the game; you will each lose an even amount of TCP. Definitely report them, along with all necessary information (how many players per side, what factions, forum names, etc. and especially how many control points are held). All factions involved will gain or lose TCP, PVP, etc.

·
814 Posts
Chaos Auxilla is the only uncommanded faction so far. Being untouchable they will score CVP just like everybody else so if anybody cares to populate this faction at a later date they will not be at a disadvantage from other factions. After all their holdings will be undamaged.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.