Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I should buy the nid battleforce box. i have 3 warriors, 16 termagaunts, 16, hormgaunts and old one eye. should i get the battle force.

and how do u put a picture next to your name on the forum??

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
and how do u put a picture next to your name on the forum??
Go into "My controls" in the top right corner of the screen.
Open "Edit my avatar setting"( or something like that) and there should be instructions there with sizes and rules on what you can ad there.
Hope it helps...

·
Registered
175 Posts
you can never have too many gaunts.
Roger that.

With the battleforce you will:
1) increase the # of gaunts (always good)
2) get 1-2 units worth of Genestealers (always good)
3) get more warriors, which can be either way. However, since they are flexible you can set up one group as shooty warriors and one as close combat warriors and mix and match depending on the situation.

So yeah, its probably worth it for you.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hell yeah you can never have enough gaunts ive got at least 70 in a 1500pt army. Not too keen on the rippers but 3 wounds has gotta be good. Just watch for multilasers they'll screw you good. Make sure you get some genestealers too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the battleforce isn't worthi it. unless you get it cheap, i think you can get it for 80$ on buywarhammer.com.

do the math

warriors x 3 = 30$
genestealers = 30$
gaunts = 30$

Total = 90$

save 10 bucks by buying individualy, save 20 by buying online.

about the rippers, they are my favourite unit and i often use 60 of them in my troops section. but just buy a bag 25 bases for 5$ and be done with it.

i highly recommend rippers because they are much better than spinegaunts.
do the math, i dont want to be repetitive. look at my post "whats your fave bug" and read about the greatness of rippers

·
Registered
129 Posts
no, you do not get 2x the gaunts, sorry. you get a total of 32 gaunts. and if you look at the gaunt boxed set, you get 32 gaunts. they fool you by seperating the hormies from the termies. take a look, you get 32 gaunts total

·
Registered
175 Posts
Big Box = 32 gaunts

Small box = 16 gaunts

32 = 16 x 2

From GW's online store:
Tyranid Gaunts can be fielded as Troop choices in your Tyranid army. This boxed set includes enough pieces to build eight (8) Termagants, and eight (8) Hormagaunts for $30.00 .
ps. 8+8 = 16

Thank you and good night.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There even better if you can manage to get them for around half price! :)

I picked up two of these sets on eBay for $51.00 each. Though, after shipping, they were nearly $60 each. But hey, still worth it to me!

It's been a royal pain to assemble everything though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Haemogod the big box is the Battle force box :)
you get 16 termagaunts and 16 hormogaunts and some rippers
12 stealers
3 warriors
and some scenery

if you buy the gaunts box on its own, you get 8 termagaunts and 8 hormogaunts and some rippers

all the battleforce boxes as far as i can tell give you a free unit, kinda like buyin in bulk makin a cash saving :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
i didnt get any scenery in mine!

i seriously thought that the gaunt box of 32 gaunts (16 hormies + 16 termies) was 30$

i know warriors are 30$
i know genestealers are 30$

in the battleforce you get:

32 gaunts
12 geneies
3 warriors

100$

seperatly you get

32 gaunts (30$)
12 genies (30$)
3 warriors (30$)

90$

am i not right? im confused

why is GW stuff SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO expensive............how can a few ounces of plastic cost 100$??????? are they charging us for the labor??? HA!!!!! (that was a joke, you may now laugh)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.