Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an older version player.. Dissapeared shortly after fifth edition. With seventh edition I am a little lost.

What are some benefits of formations that make force organization obsolete? Which book has the rules on the force organization rules and benefits?

I guess I have a lot of questions and don't know where to start right now. I know I want to make a few different armies but still want to be versatile within each army without paying a ton for each one.

So for example, with a blood angels army I am looking at 3500 points with a grand I am looking to spend, and not a single terminator. As it stand, I need to buy a few squads of terminator's, as well as other fast and heavy choices.

I just don't know where to start now with these new rules.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
The formation rules will be in the parent codex. For example the Marine Codex has the Battle Company formation and also a formation for the First Company, Armoured spear head and Land Raider Spearhead to name but a few. So, rather than using a 'normal' Combined arms Detachment (CaD) which is the 1 HQ, 2 Troops etc you can just use a formation or selection of multiple formations to make up for army.

For example. My 3000pt marine army consists of a 'Battle Company' which has to consist of 2 Demi Company formations and an Auxiliary formation. So I have taken 2 Demi Companies (Captain, Chaplin, 6 Tacticals, 2 Assault, 2 Devs) and a Land Raider Spearhead formation. In addition to this I have an allied detachment which consists of 1 HQ, 1 Elite and 1 Troops (which gives me access to a techmarine, Terminator and scouts)

It can get pretty messy to be honest with you and I really wish they'd have left formations to Apoc games.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was looking at the formations using battle scribe. Found a large force battle formation using Blood Angels Battle Company, and Archangels Demise-company. 5000 point army, priced it out, and looks like I am running $1400 US..

I will post the build sometime when I am not using my phone for this.

Does anyone play 5000 point games?

I want it anyway, because with the addition of a few Stormravens, a couple dreadnoughts, predators, razorbacks, and termies, I should be able to field anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts