Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you, but I always like to arrange some kind of music that suits different kind of events. In this case, of course, it happens to be Warhammer 40K. What do you like to have playing in the background?

I figure that you could have very different approaches to this.

*You could take a general "war"-music suiting the hard world of 40K - Funker Vogt (International Killer, Wartime, Killing Fields, Tragic Hero ...) and Laibach (Leben heisst leben, Alle gegen alle ...) perhaps.

*Classic war-music, marches and stuff.

*Music that suits your particular race and army (Orks - hip-hop or gabber-techno, maybe punk? Tyraninds - Alien soundtracks, Tau - Armitage III-soundtrack or maybe instrumental synth like Jean-Michel Jarre? and so on. Clasical march music might go with Imperial guard!)

*No music at all. The game requires concentration! Maybe classical music. This is after all a sofisticated hobby, right? ;)

*Just plain muisc that you enjoy.

What do you say?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I like playing "Bodies"
"Let the bodies hit the floor"
"Let the bodies hit the........ FLOOOOOOR"

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture seems to go well with most IG artillary bombardments. "Flight of the Valkyries" is also a wonderful "invasion" sounding piece for classical. A good buddy of mine uses Gregorian chants when fielding Demon Hunters or Dark Angel SM. Then again the wonderful world of black metal/death metal can really highlight every seen of carnage and tragedy, I seem to remember a previous thread on this. Funeral marches and requims in the key of "G" or "D" highlight my Death Korps of Krieg battles, unless I'm winning really bad, in which case the Amon Amarth comes in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Originally posted by Blood God@Sep 23 2003, 06:54
I like playing "Bodies"
"Let the bodies hit the........ FLOOOOOOR"
NO CRAP!!!!!!! That's exactly what I play before my battles. Also, Disturbed-down with the sickness.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont play any music in my WH40k games, but when playing WHFB i made myself a cd with instrumental music, mostly scores from motion pictures, like
Bravehearth, The patriot, Jurassic park, etc.

If you play just any songs, people get distracted from the game.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like just playing anything hard, especially for my CSms, definately some spineshank, slipknot, NothingFace (especially nothingface). Those are definately songs to be reckoned w/.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Usually I don't play any music during battles, it's way too distracting seeing the only stuff we play is metal (usually black, sometimes death or something else), which is meant to be loud, which leads to me going nuts (a bad thing during battles).
Now, what's this doing in the Tau forum..?

·
Registered
664 Posts
damn, BiD always finds something wrong w/ something. I dunno, i have to have music playing at all times, I love music and listen to all kinds, w/out it I would die, or go sane.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well this may sound weird but my experimental Adeptus Mechanicus Army (simply a mish-mash of different models to represent the various characters and units) play well to Disturbed - Voices. (I aim to replace my experimental army with the official one when it comes out.)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Links 2 3 4 (Left 2 3 4) or Feuer Frei ("open fire") by Rammstein would be good picks too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Rammstein rocks...but I prefer da soundtrack from Lord of the Rings for da Orks.
WAAAGH! da Uruk Hai.

·
Registered
969 Posts
LOTR would probably work for the eldar and IG too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:eek: What I was planning to ask in the beginning was, what music cathes the theme of the Tau, but then I got carried away ...

Anywho ... Much metal music here, Rammstein is ok - because it's industrial - but death metal and black metal especially I think goes better with fantasy - no?

Recommended background listening for 40K: Future Sound of London, Laurent Garnier, Front Line Assembly (Not all records - the more ambient ones: FLAvour of the weak, Implode, Epitaph), VNV Nation - Empires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont actually play the music in game (well, thats a given, since my armys are all unfinished), but I have made a soundtrack listing for all my forces. My current listing is;

Emperor's Children: The Beautiful People by Marylin Manson
Playmates: Shippo by Junko Iwao (alternatly, New World Order by Gamma Ray, or Iced Earth, by the group of the same name)
Playmates battle theme: the theme to Gremlins

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.